Titleist Unveils New Scotty Cameron Super Select Putters
Scotty Cameron has unveiled ten new Super Select Putters, which build on the success of the line that was launched in 2020, offering even better performance courtesy of enhanced milling techniques, refined shapes, and improved multi-material construction and weight distribution.
Six of the new models - Super Select Newport, Newport Plus, Newport 2, Newport 2 Plus, Newport 2.5 Plus and Squareback 2 - will be available at Titleist authorised golf shops worldwide beginning March 17. The Newport 2 and Newport 2.5 Plus models will also be offered in left-handed configurations.
Four additional models will be released on May 19 and include the Super Select Fastback 1.5, Del Mar and the new GOLO 6 and GOLO 6.5 models. The Del Mar and GOLO 6.5 models will be offered in left-handed options, as well.
Scotty Cameron said: “With the new Super Select putters, the name just fits. I’ve been creating putters for a long time, and after each line rolls out and gets played, new ideas emerge. There’s always a better way. I try to make all the refinements I can to bring more performance to players, to give them more confidence and, in the end, hopefully more success. Key to the 2023 Super Select family are the new ‘Plus’ models, which I introduced on Tour last year, then crafted into a few limited release models to really showcase this new higher-MOI blade design. Now, we have three new ‘Plus’ options in a few of our most popular designs. Additionally, I’ve brought back the GOLO name and shape in a new size. Familiar models like our Newport, Newport 2, Squareback 2, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar all have our new dual-milling for a great feel off the face that combines the feel of a deep mill with the consistency across the face of mid-mill. Inspired by putters made for tour professionals, I have introduced new I-beam necks and various cosmetic upgrades to the finish and graphics. I’ve tried in every way to make these Super Select putters live up to their name.”
2023 SUPER SELECT OVERVIEW
Based on feedback from the game’s best players - and with design refinement at his San Diego County Putter Studio -Scotty Cameron has created new blade and mid-mallet models, refined milling methods, revamped neck styles, developed better multi-material construction and engineered weight distribution for the 2023 Super Select family of putters.
- Offering putters that deliver mallet-like forgiveness and stability in slim, blade-like shapes, Scotty Cameron designed the Super Select Newport Plus, Newport 2 Plus and Newport 2.5 Plus models with innovative, slightly wider profiles than traditional blade dimensions. The Plus models are sized in between a traditional blade width and wider-flanged models like the Squareback 2 mid-mallet. Leveraging the multi-material construction of combining precision milled 303 stainless steel heads and 6061 aircraft aluminium sole plates, weight from the centre of the putter head has been repositioned around the perimeter to increase stability. This new design gives players a familiar, blade-like view from address and increases MOI for a confidence-inspiring setup.
- The Super Select line introduces a new dual-milled face milling technology that takes sound, feel and feedback to a new level, combining the softness revered in previously released deep-milled putters with the feedback, consistency and roll of Scotty’s more recent mid-milled offerings. After a deep-milled pass of the mill across the putter face, a second pass of the mill levels the peaks of the face milling, producing a flatter, more consistent surface for the ball to contact the putter face. Brought over from Scotty Cameron’s tour prototypes, this new face technology brings a tour-inspired look and feel to the Super Select line, along with the line’s most consistent face to date.
- Part from the Super Select Del Mar and GOLO 6 models, each Super Select putter features a new "I-beam" neck design that Scotty adapted from putters he’s made for tour professionals. The new, precision sculpted neck designs give each model a racier, industrial look, but also allow for the removal and targeted repositioning of weight from the neck to the heel and toe of the putter head. This, coupled with a strategically placed notch on the models with a plumbing neck - positioned for precise lie adjustment - and Scotty’s larger signature milled dots in the pocket, allowed additional weight to be precisely redistributed to the toe and heel areas where it will most benefit players.
- Each new Super Select putter incorporates performance weighting technology featuring customisable sole weights precision milled in the United States from either 303 stainless steel or heavier tungsten for the Newport and Newport 2 models. Used in conjunction with purpose-built aluminium sole plates on all Plus, mid-mallet and GOLO models, Scotty’s performance weighting concept allows for optimal weight distribution and higher MOI so each putter can achieve ideal balance and proper performance at every length.
- The new Super Select models offer golfers multiple options in 33", 34" and 35" lengths, each with a specific neck/shaft configuration (either flow, jet, plumbing or shaft-over spud) and the proper sole weight designation for ultimate player flexibility, sizing and preference.
Six Models in Shops March 17
- Super Select Newport: Precision milled from 303 stainless steel, this blade includes a new I-beam plumbing neck, the Newport’s distinctive rounded features and a dual-milled face texture. With adjustable performance sole weights milled from raw tungsten, this putter has a solid face and a misted stainless steel finish.
- Super Select Newport Plus: Crafted slightly wider than a standard blade, this rounded solid stainless steel model presents a new size in high-performance putter design that integrates proven multi-material methodology with a 6061 aluminium sole plate, solid 303 stainless steel face and stainless steel sole weights.
- Super Select Newport 2: The line’s flagship model with its crisp, mechanical shape is milled from 303 stainless steel with a solid face, customisable tungsten sole weights, a tri-sole design, the tour-inspired, new I-beam plumbing neck and dual-milled face technology. A left-handed model is also available.
- Super Select Newport 2 Plus: With a slightly wider flange than the Newport 2, the Newport 2 Plus incorporates a 6061 aircraft grade aluminium sole plate with a precision milled solid stainless steel face and customisable stainless steel sole weights for a new shape with increased MOI.
- Super Select Newport 2.5 Plus: With its MOI-enhancing wider face-to-flange shape, the Super Select Newport 2.5 Plus incorporates dual-milled face technology, a new sculpted I-beam-style jet neck and a solid milled stainless steel face with a 6061 aircraft grade aluminium sole plate and customisable stainless steel sole weights. A left-handed model is also available.
- Super Select Squareback 2: The Super Select Squareback 2 is a wider-bodied, angular mid-mallet with higher MOI, a solid milled putter face and an integrated 6061 aluminum sole plate with stainless steel sole weights, a refined I-beam plumbing neck and dual-milled face technology.
Four Additional Models in Shops May 19
- Super Select Del Mar: The new Super Select Del Mar is a heel-shafted compact mallet with a flow neck precision milled from solid 303 stainless steel that includes dual-milled face technology and customisable stainless steel sole weights. It is also available in a left-handed configuration.
- Super Select Fastback 1.5: With a new precision sculpted I-beam jet neck - as well as the line’s new dual-milled face technology - the Super Select Fastback 1.5 is a mid-mallet with a solid milled putter face integrated with an engineered 6061 aluminium sole plate and stainless steel sole weights.
- Super Select GOLO 6: The GOLO returns in a new size as the Super Select GOLO 6, a rounded compact mallet precision milled from 303 stainless steel sized in between the previous GOLO 5 and 7 models. With a mid-bend shaft and an integrated sole plate machined from 6061 aircraft aluminium, the GOLO 6 includes the line’s new dual-milled face technology and stainless steel sole weights.
- Super Select GOLO 6.5: The Super Select GOLO 6.5 has a small I-beam jet neck and is precision milled from 303 stainless steel with a solid face and an integrated 6061 aircraft aluminium sole plate. It includes the line’s dual-milled face technology and adjustable performance weighting with stainless steel sole weights. A left-handed Super Select GOLO 6.5 is also available.
SUPER SELECT WEIGHTING & SHAFTS
Each new Super Select putter features performance weighting with two customisable heel-toe weights (tungsten or stainless steel based on model) and stepless steel shafts.
Each Super Select model has a specific grip, designed to not only provide each putter’s proper swing weight and balance, but also to offer the right in-hand feel. The Newport, Newport 2, and new Plus models come equipped with a textured Pistolini Plus grip, a smaller design with a thicker, more substantial feel through the lower part of the grip. This grip is paired with the blade-style putters, while a new, textured Pistolero Plus grip has been paired with the mid-mallets and Del Mar. The Squareback 2, Fastback 1.5, Del Mar, GOLO 6 and GOLO 6.5 each come with a Pistolero Plus grip that carries through the line’s color scheme. When comparing grips, the Pistolero Plus has a larger profile in the top hand location near the butt of the grip and is also slightly heavier and provides the appropriate complement to the mid-mallet putters’ head shapes.
FINISH & GRAPHICS
New 2023 Super Select stainless steel putter heads all undergo Scotty’s silver mist process for a near-permanent, radiant, yet glare resistant, appearance and texture. The 6061 aircraft grade aluminium components have been misted and anodised in a clear, bright aluminium finish. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back cavities as unpainted, raw circles milled into the stainless steel. The engravings and sight lines are painted asphalt grey, except on the soles where Scotty Cameron and the “+” symbols on Plus models are accented in cherry red translucent paint.
AVAILABILITY AND PRICE
The new Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport, Newport Plus, Newport 2, Newport 2 Plus, Newport 2.5 Plus and Squareback 2 putter models will be available worldwide beginning March 17 through Titleist authorised golf shops. The new Super Select Del Mar, Fastback 1.5, GOLO 6 and GOLO 6.5 models will be available on May 19.
MSRP: £429/€515/ $449
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
comments powered by Disqus