Mizuno Launches New ST-G 220 Driver
Mizuno has announced the launch of its new ST-G 220 Driver, which will be the latest generation of the celebrated ST Series, building on the success of the ST-Z and ST-X and featuring the SAT2041 Beta Ti face and complex carbon construction.
Mizuno’s ST-G 220 driver has shorter lateral weight tracks allowing a new center/back weight port. The combination of three tracks and two moveable weights mean the ST-G can be transformed from ultra-low spinning bomber to a highly playable mid-spinning option, with fade or draw bias in both.
"Having that little bit of extra adjustability is especially useful out on tour - where we can fine-tune a player's flight. Or make an adjustment for a particular tournament when the player doesn't want the feel of a completely new driver," says Chris Voshall.
The evolution to the ST-G 220’s weight locations offers a rare combination of both backspin and fade/draw adjustability options. Traditionally, adjustable drivers have been more effective at just one of those tasks. In every setting the ST-G 220 delivers impressive performance from off-center strikes, with consistent feedback across the varying weight positions.
“The ST-G 220 has so much more effective movement of weight along both the X and the Z axis,” added Voshall. “We can set it to be very low spin, a more playable mid spin, heavily fade or draw biased and just about anything in-between.”
Like the ST-Z and ST-X, the ST-G 220 driver also features Mizuno’s latest SAT2041 Beta Ti face. SAT2041 stands for Super / Alloy / Titanium / 20% Vanadium / 4% Aluminum / 1% Tin and it offers 17% more tensile strength and 8% more flexibility than traditional 6-4Ti.
Additional features and benefits:
- Modern Player’s Profile: Deeper faced, shorter back to front but using the full capacity 460cc head size.
- New Multi-thickness CORTECH Face: Refined to maximize the return from Mizuno's Beta Ti face. Ball speeds most noticeably improved low on the clubface.
- New dual weight center slot: Allows 2 central back weights for deeper CG capability - higher stability, launch and spin.
- Greater draw / fade bias: Increased separation between lateral weight tracks.
- Consistently Solid Feedback: A tighter range of feel and sound across the weight settings.
- Quick Switch Adjustability: 4 degrees of loft adjustability (7-11 degrees) to fine-tune look and trajectory.
- Optimised Wave Sole: Delivers an additional contribution to ball speed from low on the clubface.
Mizuno has strived to “create the best products for consumers” for 115 years, and the new ST-G driver adheres firmly to that original spirit and desire, while offering the best performance benefits that modern technology can bring.
The ST-G 220 driver will be available at retail from October. Test it at a Mizuno Swing DNA Fitter.
For further information or to find out more about Mizuno’s full range of golf equipment and accessories visit: https://mizunogolf.com/uk/.
RRP: ST-G 220 Driver £449 | €499 | 4,999 SEK
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)