Titleist Unveils New Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Putters
Crafting a limited run of new putters, Scotty Cameron has re-imagined an iconic design to launch the Champions Choice, featuring an integrated Teryllium insert and the revered “Button Back” setup, as well as unique graphics and accessories that celebrate the major winners who succeeded with a Scotty Cameron putter.
Available in select Titleist authorised retailers from August 6, the new Champions Choice putters will be offered in three models: Newport Button Back, Newport 2 Button Back and Flowback 5.5 Button Back. Each putter features a solid milled 303 stainless steel body with a soft Teryllium inlay fused together with the iconic button head machine screws and modern vibration dampening technology.
Speaking on the new putters, Scotty Cameron said: “We’ve had a very good run over the past 25 years with tour victories, and major championships in particular. After the incredible response we received from the Teryllium T22 Limited Release, and with back-to-back U.S. Open wins (2017 and 2018) with a Button Back, I had the idea for Champions Choice as a way to bring back the Button Back, but in a new, modern way.
“As we were designing and manufacturing the Special Select line, upgrading and refining our blade and mid-mallet shapes, the Champions Choice project endured. Now I’m finally ready to showcase it and offer three very special new designs based on everything we’ve done to refine the Special Select line, but with the Teryllium inlay and the Button Back look. I love this design, as Champions Choice celebrates the tour victories players have racked up over the years using our putters, while also offering dedicated golfers the same level of playable performance.”
CHAMPIONS CHOICE TECHNOLOGY: An integration of stainless steel and a unique copper alloy, each new Champions Choice putter is engineered with a solid, precision-milled 303 stainless steel body and expertly fused with a Teryllium insert.
- ICONIC DESIGN: Long regarded as an insert with unmistakably soft feel, the return of Teryllium in the iconic Button Back setup celebrates the history of this beloved design element. Its incorporation into the modern Newport, Newport 2 and Flowback 5.5 models offers, in these brand-new setups, the timeless characteristics associated with previous generations of legendary Scotty Cameron putters.
- MULTI-MATERIAL CONSTRUCTION: Each Champions Choice model extends Scotty Cameron’s proven construction methodology of incorporating complementary materials to achieve desired performance and feel. With a precision milled Teryllium insert expertly designed into the 303 stainless steel putter head, this concept continues to be improved upon using modern milling and manufacturing techniques. The Flowback 5.5 also incorporates a 6061 aircraft aluminium sole plate to reposition weight to the perimeter of the putter head for more stability and forgiveness.
- MODERN VIBRATION DAMPENING: The traditional elastomer material of the original Button Backs has been supplemented with the addition of a high-tech vibration dampening material placed between the face insert and the putter head. The combination works perfectly with the Button Back fastening system to provide the unmatched feel and feedback of this renowned material with the extraordinary reliability of a face insert fused with both adhesive and screws.
CHAMPIONS CHOICE MODELS: Three Champions Choice models present golfers with two blade options with plumbing necks and a compact mid-mallet with a slantback neck, in 33", 34" and 35" lengths:
- Champions Choice Newport Button Back: Scotty’s new Champions Choice Newport Button Back pays homage to the spirit of the original design, but with numerous refinements. Based on the current Special Select Newport head shape, this Button Back also includes a silver misted stainless steel finish, flat topline and performance balanced tungsten weights in conjunction with the Teryllium insert.
- Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back: Inspired by the putter that was trusted to back-to-back U.S. Open victories in 2017 and 2018, the Champions Choice Newport 2 Button Back incorporates decades of design refinements, bringing together the soft feel of a Teryllium alloy inlay, with the updated shape and performance of a modern Newport 2 milled from 303 stainless steel with customisable sole weights and a player preferred, narrower topline.
- Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back: With its classic rounded profile, the Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back has a slantback neck inspired by the prototype putters made for players on the worldwide professional golf tours. Uniquely designed and angled back toward the heel, the neck offers enhanced toe flow and nearly one shaft of offset for a curvy mid-mallet that not only employs the Teryllium inlay, but also the weight-saving inclusion of a 6061 aircraft grade aluminium sole plate.
WEIGHTING & SHAFTS: Each new Champions Choice putter features heel-toe weighting with two Tungsten (Newport, Newport 2) or stainless steel (Flowback 5.5) weights and stepless steel shafts.
FINISH & GRAPHICS: Scotty’s silver misting process gives each new Champions Choice model a glare resistant sheen for a reliable finish in any light. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back cavity with translucent red, white and blue accents around the machine screw heads. This colour combination carries through to the winner’s stripes designed into the face and sole of this limited offering. The milled flange sight lines are painted black.
ACCESSORIES: Each Champions Choice putter comes with a matching specialty Button Back Limited headcover in the line’s red, white and blue colour scheme and includes a grey Pistolini Plus grip with black lettering. Additionally, a custom Champions Choice shaft band adorns each shaft.
AVAILABILITY: The new Scotty Cameron Champions Choice putter models will be available in select Titleist authorised retailers worldwide from August 6, 2021. SRP: £599 / €719 (Ireland).
For more information, visit https://www.scottycameron.com/.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)