ECCO launch BIOM Hybrid 2
ECCO announced the launch of the BIOM Hybrid 2, the next-generation of its best-selling style showcasing patented NATURAL MOTION technology and built atop the award-winning E-DTS outsole.
Premiering for Spring/Summer 2015, BIOM Hybrid 2 is slated to be worn in competition by Tour star Fred Couples and other ECCO Golf staff players. It is 15% lighter than the original model thanks to an extra-thin midsole that helps bring players closer to the playing surface. This is complemented by a dual-density TPU outsole. Two-colored to create an inspiring aesthetic, it is harder in areas that need the most stability and softer in key comfort zones.
“We’ve taken what many have declared the world’s most comfortable golf shoe and made it even better,” says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. “That we can do this is a testament to our skill as shoemakers and the drive that pushes us to pioneer new innovations season after season.”
Like all ECCO golf shoes, BIOM Hybrid 2 is created using the advanced Direct-injection Process. This bonds the upper and outsole unit, creating a one-piece shoe construction without the use of glue or stitching. Benefits include an exceptionally water-tight seal, outstanding flexibility and out-of-the-box comfort.
Additional features of BIOM Hybrid 2 include:
• Weather Resistance – Naturally soft, breathable and strong yak leather uppers are treated with HYDROMAX™ and an anti-stain formula for superb protection from the elements
• Anatomical Last Shape – Developed by scanning the feet of 2,500 athletes to provide ideal levels of support
• Tour-Proven Traction – Constructed from TPU – a highly durable, wear-resistant material – the molded traction bars offer hundreds of traction angles for superb grip
• Technical Insole System – A new, ultra-premium insole with silicon printing helps prevent unwanted foot movement during the swing
In addition to Couples, the ECCO men’s golf collection is worn in competition by Ernie Els, Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjørn, Thongchai Jaidee, Marcel Siem, Andreas Hartø, Wu Ashun, Will Wilcox, JB Hansen and scores of other Tour stars worldwide.
For further inspiration, please visit www.ecco.com/golf
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
PLAY MORE PLAY BETTER - LATEST TUITION TIPS
Leave your comments belowcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- Ian Poulter Determined to Succeed in Open at Carnoustie
- St Mellion Rolls Back Prices 30 Years to Celebrate Anniversary
- Macmillan Cancer Support Longest Day Golf Challenge Returns
- Fathers and Children Explain How Golf Brings Families Together
- Women's Golf Day 2018 Records International Success