FatPlate PuttMat Pace & Line Trainer Review
REVIEW: FatPlate PuttMat
Looking to sharpen up his putting ahead of the new golf season, Golfshake Ambassador Mel Davies has tested and reviewed the PuttMat from FatPlate, which has been created to offer pace, length, set-up and start-line training for golfers to help them hole more putts on the course.
- Double-putting tracks for technical & transitional training.
- ‘Effective Width’ training track provides a visual pathway to the full width of the cup.
- Supplied with 1x PuttCup - a putting cup that provides true pace & line feedback.
- ‘Capture Speed’ zone behind the hole provides pace feedback.
- Target points allow for start-line training whilst the ball locators help to ensure consistent head/eye positioning at set-up.
- Offers putts from 8 feet down to 1.
- 10’ x 2’ (305 x 66cm).
- Stay-flat latex rubber backing.
- Woven pile surface provides a stimp pace of 10 (medium pace).
- PuttMat is compatible with any surface mounted putting cup but is supplied with the pioneering PuttCup.
The PuttMat looks as good if not better than any other putting mat that I’ve seen myself. I’ve tried a few of these down the years and the PuttMat is the longest I’ve ever tried at 10 feet and therefore gives you the chance to work on longer putts.
The roll you get on the PuttMat is great and the quality of the mat is in my eyes fantastic. Once out of the tube it rolls flat in seconds and the addition of the PuttCup really does set this aside from others.
I can honestly say the PuttMat performs better than any other mat I’ve tried before. It gives a true roll and a stimp reading speed at 10 which is great. The “Capture Zones” are a great addition and once more really help your speed control. The mat can also be used with PuttPlate, ArcMat, MirrorPlate and MirrorBoard so the versatility and usage is second to none. You also get one side that is technical and one that is transitional which once more is a super addition.
Looks great, easy to set up and use and gives amazing feedback for line and pace. Also comes with some great videos to look at for guidance and assistance.
The Bottom Line
I have been testing this for a few weeks now and I’ve already seen a marked improvement in my stroke on the course and the amount of putts I’ve holed.
Suitable for all abilities this will I am sure help anyone improve their putting whilst also having some fun with the challenges it comes with.
For more information, please visit https://fatplate-golf.com/products/puttmat-pace-line-trainer-1.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)