ECCO Reveals Lightest Leather Golf Shoe
ECCO GOLF has revealed its lightest leather shoe to date, the ECCO S-LITE, a unique and innovative hybrid model that provides a fresh approach to design, delivering comfort and quality engineering.
Lightweight ECCO RICH TWO-TONE YAK leather uppers lined with a soft textile provides natural water repellent and breathable properties, with the ground-breaking E-DTS™ LITE outsole offering award-winning grip and unrivalled flexibility that still packs a punch with on-course traction.
The innovative multi-injection production process has enabled ECCO GOLF to design a base that’s 66% thinner than any other T.PU outsole that the company has previously created, making it the perfect packable playing option for overseas travel, or for an after-work twilight round on a hot summer’s day.
ECCO S-LITE further highlights ECCO GOLF’s commitment to innovate through a unique set of features and benefits, including:
- Premium, durable ECCO YAK leather, made in the company’s own tanneries
- An award-winning E-DTS™ LITE hybrid outsole design that adds more than 100 traction studs and 800 traction angles for excellent grip in all playing conditions
- FLUIDFORM™ Technology which is a ‘state change’ process that uses specialised fluid materials to form around an anatomical last, ensuring a finely-tuned balance of cushioning and rebound, while also creating an integral, flexible and durable bond, without the compromises common with stitched or glued assemblies
Stylish diamond-shaped embossing on the upper increases wearing comfort with lightweight breathability, while a soft textile lining offers an extremely comfortable on-foot feel. Additional support is provided through a moulded leather heel counter and inside toe reinforcement to ensure stable footing throughout the swing.
Additional features of ECCO S-LITE include:
- A P.U midsole with a P.U wing, wrapping the sides of the foot delivers stability on and off the course
- A premium soft leather foot bed that offers a soft feel and natural moisture management
ECCO S-LITE is crafted at company-owned factories that utilise FLUIDFORM™ Technology to bond the upper and outsole unit, creating a one-piece shoe without the use of glue or stitching. Benefits include flexibility, durability and a lightweight construction.
ECCO GOLF shoes are worn in competition around the world by Fred Couples, Thomas Bjørn, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee, and Caroline Masson among others. For further information about ECCO GOLF, please visit golf.ecco.com.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)