Cobra Reveals New KING Forged CB/MB Players Irons
Cobra Golf has revealed its new range of players irons that have been created with Rickie Fowler, the KING Forged CB/MB progressive iron, which brings together the striking design and technologies that have featured on the PGA Tour.
“These high-performance COBRA irons consistently deliver the workability and shot-shaping control that I need to be competitive on course. I’ve been playing them for a few years, and know better players are going to appreciate the sleek look and soft feel, along with the ability to work the ball without sacrificing forgiveness,” said Fowler.
The COBRA® Golf KING Forged CB/MB Iron set flows from a forgiving players cavity-back (CB) shape in the 4-6 irons to a traditional muscle-back (MB) shape in the 7-PW and is designed to deliver more playability compared to the full MB proto set Fowler has in the bag. The CB design (in the 4-6 irons), features a new muscle cavity that helps maintain a workable trajectory and soft feel with added forgiveness on mishits. The traditional MB shape in the 7-PW is designed for ultimate precision, shot-shaping and scoring. The KING Forged CB/MB irons undergo a 5-step forging process that delivers precise shaping, a more refined grain structure, and superior feel demanded by the world’s best players, including Fowler. Below are the key features that help the KING Forged CB/MB irons deliver unmatched feel and precision.
- Tour Proven Blade Shape – a classic blade shape delivers a compact look preferred by better players and increases precision and workability to optimize scoring.
- CNC Milled Face & Grooves – CNC milling delivers the most precise face and groove structures possible for improved spin and trajectory. COBRA utilizes their wedge grooves through the set to enhance trajectory and spin control.
- Tungsten Tour Weighting – reconfigured to match Fowler’s irons on Tour, two tungsten inserts are strategically positioned on the toe and in the center of the club head for added forgiveness, feel and trajectory control.
- Flow Set Design – a progressive set composition flows gradually from forgiving, easier to hit cavity back long irons (2-6) to muscle back short irons for an emphasis on precision and scoring.
- Diamondized Black Metal (DBM) Finish – COBRA’s most durable, visually appealing, black satin finish diffuses sunlight, helping to maintain a sleek look over a long period of time, while offering extreme resistance to wear for longer lasting, better-looking irons.
- COBRA CONNECT –The COBRA CONNECT, Powered by Arccos system features electronically enabled grips that work in conjunction with the Arccos Caddie app to give users the ability to track their stats and improve their game.
The KING Forged CB/MB irons come standard with regular or stiff KBS $-Taper (black PVD) shafts and are the first-ever COBRA irons to feature Golf Pride Tour Velvet COBRA CONNECT grips. The stock set make-up is 4-PW (4-6 CB, 7-PW MB) with optional 2-iron, 3-iron and Gap Wedge complements. The KING Forged CB/MB are available in both right-hand and left-hand sets and feature a suggested retail price of £849.
**A full CB set is available through custom in RH and LH, along with a full MB set in RH only.
The KING Forged CB/MB Irons are available in-store beginning November, 2018.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)