Vokey Design Spin Milled 7 Wedges Unveiled by Titleist
Coming in March, Titleist has unveiled its new Vokey Design Spin Milled 7 Wedges. These have been designed to help golfers achieve a better, more consistent short game through the revered craftmanship of Bob Vokey and his R&D Team.
MASTER CRAFTSMAN BOB VOKEY, SAID: “One thing I know from working with tour players the last 20-plus years is that they won’t put a new wedge in play unless it’s better. Every time we come out with a new one, we have to prove it. I can’t tell you how many times over the last couple years players asked me and Aaron (Vokey Tour Rep, Aaron Dill) how we were going to make something better than SM6. Based on how quickly guys are switching to SM7, we know we’ve done it.”
NEW VOKEY DESIGN SM7 WEDGES TECHNOLOGY AND PERFORMANCE
Improving in all three areas of wedge performance, new SM7 models provide increased shot versatility with expanded fitting options, improved distance and trajectory control and more spin through the following key advancements:
- The fastest way to a better short game is through a wedge fitting. Developed through his collaboration with the world’s best shot makers, Bob’s six tour-proven sole grinds – F, S, M, K, L and the new D grind – allow golfers of all skill levels to be precisely fit for their swing type, shot making style and course conditions.
- Vokey SM7 offers the game’s most complete selection of lofts, bounces and grinds, with 23 different combinations.
- Finely tuned Progressive Centre of Gravity locations improve trajectory and distance control while creating the best-feeling Vokey wedges to date.
- A concept pioneered by Vokey R&D, Progressive Centre of Gravity aligns the CG with the impact position of each loft to produce precise distance and trajectory control with exceptional feel. Engineered using cutting-edge CAD technology, Progressive CG is visible technology on the back of the wedge.
- Advanced testing of SM6 models showed an opportunity to enhance the CG locations within SM7. The Vokey R&D team pushed the locations even further – higher on the high lofts and lower on the low lofts – to produce more consistent performance with noticeably better feel at impact.
- 100% inspected Spin Milled grooves cut at even tighter tolerances deliver more spin (up to 100rpm more spin on average).
- Bob and his team identified the opportunity for an additional Spin Milled cutting process for plated wedges (Tour Chrome and Brushed Steel) as compared to the raw offerings (Jet Black and Raw). This new method improves upon Vokey’s industry-leading groove cutting tolerances, resulting in a more precise cut by finish and more spin in the plated wedges.
- A proprietary heat treatment is applied to all Vokey Design SM7 wedges, resulting in longer lasting spin through the life of the wedge.
#1 WEDGE ON TOUR
Just two weeks following their debut at the Shriners Hospital for Childrens Open, Vokey SM7 wedges became the most played wedge model on the PGA Tour, with 123 SM7’s in play at The RSM Classic.
New SM7 wedges are available in three finishes (Tour Chrome, Brushed Steel and Jet Black). Tour Chrome retains its popular bright chrome finish. The darker Brushed Steel finish is richer and slightly more polished when compared to the Steel Grey offered in SM6, while maintaining a non-glare finish in the playing position. The raw Jet Black has been enhanced with black paint fill in the logos and graphics, inspired by requests received on tour by Vokey Tour Rep Aaron Dill.
ADVANCED PERSONALISATION AND CUSTOM OPTIONS
SM7 wedges can be customordered with a wide range of specifications and personalisation, including an industry-leading selection of shafts, grips, shaft bands, ferrules, stamping and paint fill. For a complete list of personalisation and custom options, visit Vokey.com.
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
Vokey Design SM7 wedges will be available in golf shops worldwide, on 9th March, 2018.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)