Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

SkyCaddie SG5

Posted by: user201647 | Fri 6th Mar 2009 09:39 | Last Reply

I bought my son a SkyCaddie SG5 got it home put the CD in to put all the drivers and soft ware on P.C., so that I could get it ready to use, I got it all going put one of the courses he plays on it, then things went wrong, now the SkyCaddie tells me that the USB is disconnected can not find it on the p.c. although when I first plug it into the USB and into the Caddie if the caddie is turned off it turns on and I hear a sound as if some thing is going on, it is charging up the battery. Is there any one who can please give me advice thanks.

re: SkyCaddie SG5
user52922
Reply : Fri 6th Mar 2009 10:23

USB's are notorious for playing up, mainly because the do not have a very secure fitting into the slot.

If the skycaddie tells you that the USB is disconnected then that is the problem, it is disconnected. Try it in a different slot.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th Mar 2009 10:47

Would also try this, as as John says USB hardware can be tempremental.  May not apply to Skycaddie but does for some USB products

1, Disconnect USB

2, Turn off USB product

3, Uninstall related USB software

4, Access device manager (assuming Windows) and uninstall the UB device if shows

5, Reboot PC

6, Reinstall USB related software

7, Plug in USB device

8, Turn on

May help.

user201647
Reply : Fri 6th Mar 2009 10:48

I have tried that got in tuch with SkyCaddie Caddie is connected now but still can not get it working so have been told to go to the shop and get a new one so hope the next olne works

user201647
Reply : Fri 6th Mar 2009 13:33

The man I talked to from  SkyCaddie told me to do that and sitill could not get the skycaddie to synk

user201647
Reply : Fri 6th Mar 2009 17:41

Its all fixed now

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top