UK Golf Guide
Online golf course directory; view course information, tee time offers and get feedback from the course before you play by reading the 1000s of independent reviews.
Titleist 913 Custom Fit Feature
Golfshake's Owen Davies visited the Titleist National Custom Fitting centre in St Ives, Cambridgeshire to try out the new 913 Driver. Find out how he got on....
Editorial Feature: The Future of Golf
Few people that watched the final day of the 39th Ryder Cup could deny it was one of the most astonishing and captivating moments they had witnessed in sport.
3 ball slice drill
Dean Halford, The Online Golf Coach, talks us through a simple 3 ball drill to help cure the slice shot, something effecting the majority of golfers at some point.
Play the Perfect series: Chip from the rough
James Ellis, creator of the Pocket Pro golf app, provides some tips to help play a chip shot when in the rough.
- Score Tracker
- Golf Handicap
Four Nations golfers ready to do battle at the Oxfordshire
Posted by: Owen Davies on Fri 14 Sep 2012
After hundreds of Matchplay duels over five months of gruelling, competitive regional brackets in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales - The Four Nations successful finalists are ready to represent their country and attempt to win the title of Champion Golf Nation of the Year.
The Final of the Four Nations Golf Challenge 2012 (FNGC) is hosted at The Oxfordshire Golf Club in the Chiltern Hills from Sunday 23rd. to Wednesday 26th. September, 2012. This leading amateur competition is due to be broadcast on Sky Sports.
The four day competition is open to the public, whether you are a golf-lover or new to golf this thrilling Four Nations final is not to be missed.
The four National finalist teams of twelve from England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales will descend on the award winning Rees Jones-designed American parkland style Golf Course at The Oxfordshire. This spectacular rolling layout is owned by Leaderboard Golf, which also boasts some of South England’s best golf courses; Chart Hills (Kent), Dale Hill (East Sussex) and Sandford Springs (Hampshire). During the Grand Final players will stay in The Oxfordshire’s four-star hotel, where they will be able to relax and revitalise in the ‘Tempus Spa’, gym and swimming pool after the tournament days.
Tim Pettifer, General Manager of The Oxfordshire said; “We are very pleased to have been selected yet again to host one of the most prestigious amateur golf contests in the UK. I’m sure it will be two days of great and challenging golf.”
The format for the Grand Final will be Fourball Betterball, Matchplay and will consist of two 18 holes semi-finals followed by an 18 holes Play-Off for third and fourth place and of course, the 18 holes Final itself. The winners of this will be crowned the Champion Golf Nation of the Year.
A Final Qualifying event took place at Mottram Hall on Monday 3rd. September to decide the final six pairs who would represent each country in the Grand Final. Forty Eight qualifiers (four teams of six pairs) will now battle it out to see who will win the prestigious 2012 Grand Final Four Nations Golf Challenge.
The Four Nations Golf Challenge is sponsored by Golf Plus Direct and organised by Concierge Golf Limited. Concierge Golf has set out to establish an attractive and stimulating annual, amateur golf tournament which gives competitive members of UK golf clubs the rare opportunity to represent their Country. This competition is potentially the most exciting team competition for amateur golfers in the UK!
The Four Nations will be represented by:
- Clive Downing & Shaun Tarplett from Hillsborough G.C.
- Matthew Hobbs & Tim Coxall from Bath G.C.
- Fraser Carnihan from Brampton Heath G.C. & Steve Jackson from Kettering G.C.
- Bertie Chambers & Charlie Jones from Slinfold G.C.
- Richard Meade & Steve Hall from North Hants G.C.
- Kevin Dupree & Neil Dawson from Tylney Park G.C.
- Ian Dallas from Collingtree Park G.C. & Fraser Thomson from Huddersfield G.C.
- Derrick Hynes & Jonathon McKnight from Loughgall G.C.
- Colum McLaughlin & Andrew Mclaughlin from Princes G. C.
- Kevin Ryan & Tom Ryan from St. Margarets G.C.
- Padraig McElwain & Mathew O’Driscoll from Powerscourt G.C.
- Eddie Kelly & Antoinette Russell from Rathdowney G.C.
- Graham Lyall & Robert Easton from Ramsdale Park G.C.
- George Bullamore & Sandy Thorburn from Eden G.C.
- Kevin Smith & Scott Sneddon from Colville Park G.C.
- Brian Lamb & Colin Kennedy from Irvine Bogside G.C.
- Grant Thomson & Mark Thomson from Grange G.C. Monifieth
- Bob Scott & Wayne Orme from The Carrick
- Duncan Thomas & Chris Gunn from Maidenhead G.C.
- Gary Cook & Bruce Brown from Woodlake Park G.C.
- Paul Davies & Richard Thomas from Carmarthen G.C.
- Andrew Povah & Richard Godbold from Wrexham G.C.
- Teg Roberts & Mel John from Lancaster G.C.
- David Bailey & Kashif Shabir from St. Pierre G.C.
Leave Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- Chance to Play 9 Holes with Ian Poulter
- Mission Hills Drives Search for Next Chinese Champion
- Gerrard to Link Up With Old Teammates in Aid of Charity at Quinta do Lago
- Watch the US Open at Urban Golf
- FootJoy Gives Young Golfers the Perfect Footing
- Custom Fit - What's it all about
- Golf by Train
- 2011 Season Preview - What did we think ?
- PGA Health for Handicap
- Renaissance of Golf
- Celebrity Interviews - DJ Spoony
- Why Golfshake can help get your game on track.
- Cost of Taking your Clubs Abroad
- Golfshake Birdie Challenge
- The Future is Bright for European Golf