UK Golf Guide
Online golf course directory; view course information, tee time offers and get feedback from the course before you play by reading the 1000s of independent reviews.
Titleist 913 Custom Fit Feature
Golfshake's Owen Davies visited the Titleist National Custom Fitting centre in St Ives, Cambridgeshire to try out the new 913 Driver. Find out how he got on....
Editorial Feature: The Future of Golf
Few people that watched the final day of the 39th Ryder Cup could deny it was one of the most astonishing and captivating moments they had witnessed in sport.
3 ball slice drill
Dean Halford, The Online Golf Coach, talks us through a simple 3 ball drill to help cure the slice shot, something effecting the majority of golfers at some point.
Play the Perfect series: Chip from the rough
James Ellis, creator of the Pocket Pro golf app, provides some tips to help play a chip shot when in the rough.
- Score Tracker
- Golf Handicap
Bubba Watson closes in on long drive charity target
Posted by: Owen Davies on Thu 23 Aug 2012
Bubba Watson needs only four drives of 300 yards or longer at The Barclays this week to reach the target of 300 drives established earlier this year with the “Bubba Long in Pink. Driven by PING” promotion. For the season, with his all-pink PING® G20® driver, he has blasted 296 drives 300 yards or further, earning $300 from PING for each one. To date, Bubba has raised $88,800 from the company as part of the promotion during PGA Tour-sanctioned events.
In January, Watson announced the formation of “Bubba & Friends Drive to a Million,” a year-long campaign to raise $1 million for charity through his own efforts and the support of his partners and sponsors. At that time, PING launched “Bubba Long in Pink. Driven by PING,” a program that pledges $300 for every drive Bubba hits 300 yards or further (up to 300 drives). It kicked off the initiative with a $10,000 donation.
In addition, PING contributed $250,000 from the sale of 5,000 pink G20 drivers inspired by Watson’s.
“It’s been a lot of fun this year knowing every drive over 300 yards carries a little extra incentive,” said Watson. “PING’s support of my goal of raising $1 million this season has been amazing. Between this promotion and the pink G20 driver program where they donated $50 from the sale of each driver, they’ll contribute $350,000 to charity. I’m grateful for the relationship and their continued support.”
On the season, nearly 63% of Watson’s drives have traveled 300-plus yards, the highest percentage on tour. He leads the tour in average driving distance at 315.9 yards.
The official “Bubba Long in Pink. Driven by PING” tally began with the Farmers Insurance Open. Here are Bubba’s 300-yard-drive totals by tournament:
- Farmers Insurance Open: 26
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: 43
- Northern Trust Open: 35
- WGC-Cadillac Championship: 34
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: 31
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: 36
- the Memorial Tournament: 15
- Travelers Championship: 31
- WGC-Bridgestone Invitational: 45
Over those tournaments he’s averaging nearly 33 drives of 300 yards or longer.
Leave Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- Will Sergio Garcia ever grow up?
- ECCO Golf announce expansion of revoluti
- PING G25 Driver Review
- Your deal to play the 2014 Ryder Cup Cou
- PUMA Faas Lite - Rickie Fowler stars in
- Top 10 players never to win the US OPEN
- NIKE launch TW'14 shoe with revolutionar
- Volvo World Matchplay is drawn as player
- NIKE launch TW'14 shoe with revolutionary NIKEiD design
- Volvo World Matchplay is drawn as players descend on Thracian Cliffs
- 2013 BMW PGA Championship Preview
- 2012/2013 Golf Care Matchplay Championship Winners
- PING G25 Driver Review
- Custom Fit - What's it all about
- Golf by Train
- 2011 Season Preview - What did we think ?
- PGA Health for Handicap
- Renaissance of Golf
- Celebrity Interviews - DJ Spoony
- Why Golfshake can help get your game on track.
- Cost of Taking your Clubs Abroad
- Golfshake Birdie Challenge
- The Future is Bright for European Golf