Member Review: Durness Golf Club
Durness Golf Club in the Highlands is the most North Westerly Course on mainland Britainand golfshake.com member Rogey Boyce offers his review:
Where do you start to review the most northerly course in mainland Britain? with views across Balnakiel Bay and Cranstackie and Foinavon inland it is a course of spectacular views.
Do not be fooled by the short length of the course, not a single hole is level, for example the first green is about 70 feet above the tee!
The signature hole is the 9th/18th, a par 3, where the drive is across an inlet in the cliffs; the 18th drive is the longer. It is a "links" course, wih tight fairways and true greens. The clubhouse is well-appointed and offers refreshements.
If you love a challenge, especially in the wind, but even more so like to play amongst spectacular scenery, make the journey, it is worth it.
comments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- Links vs Resort: Which Come Out on Top in the UK?
- How to use GOLFNOW to make the most of your USA Golf Holiday
- Close House Offers Special Green Fee Rate for Winter
- The Shire London Rated Highly by Golfshake Users
- Video Review - Bearwood Lakes Golf Club