Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

40 shots!!!!!

Posted by: user435251 | Wed 4th Jan 2012 19:22 | Last Reply

well ive had 3 lessons upto now, and knocked 40 shots off since my 1st round. 146 my 1st round then hit a 106 today, at least my fairway shots are now going in the air and not just rolling along the floor!! so a lot happier with that part, my driving wasnt to bad! straight enough to get away with most of the time. my swing has been changed quite abit,my stance,grip, etc( the lot really!!!.) so going to keep on practicing as much as poss. to try to get it as near as i can an automatic thing!!!.   got another round at another course next week( cant wait)  havent played same course twice yet. so when i do that should tell me a few things i would think!!!   and also the pro who is teaching me still helps me out when he sees me over the range( for free as when he 1st introduced himself) oh ive now played 4 rounds, and also won a roll over nearest the pin today, well chuffed with that,got within 8ft on a 155 yrds par 3.£9 so paid most of my green fee. nice!!!!!!!!

Last edit : Wed 4th Jan 2012 19:34
re: 40 shots!!!!!
user369251
Reply : Thu 5th Jan 2012 12:59

Well done Ian, just wait until you break 100, the feeling walking down the 18th knowing you've got a few shots to play with is nigh on unbeatable. Wish you all the best for your game in 2012!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Jan 2012 13:17

Well done Ian, great way to start as well have a few lessons.

Like Chris says, I'm sure sub 100s will be coming soon!

user435251
Reply : Thu 5th Jan 2012 17:06

thanks all !!!. going to keep on practicing(over the range in a while !! )try and get used to everything been taught, and playing when poss!!. hope the more practice the better, as seem a  fair bit shorter than them i play with ,on all my clubs!!! hope the distance will come with practice!!! and also get my alignment a lot better!!  again cheers all,

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top