Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Are Titleist DCI 962's Blades or Cavity backs?

Posted by: user404477 | Sun 10th Jul 2011 17:56 | Last Reply

Hello all...

New to the forum and recently new to golf, so please go easy...

Basically my story is... I started playing 2 years ago and was lending a set of clubs off a mate... Ping eye's... Loved them but unfortunately had to give them back... So I started looking for my own set of clubs and stumbled across a cracking deal on ebay... for £72, I ended up with a set of Titleist DCI 962's Srixon Driver and 3 Wood, a Clevland 56 degree wedge and a Odysey Putter... Plus another boat load of odd and old clubs.

My question really, is regarding the Irons. My mate who has played since he was a junior and always had a very good handicap, comments that these are Blades and not cavity backs... Possibly affecting my game...

I can go round some courses i have played around 94-97 but the one I play the most and I feel that challenges me the most, I can struggle to break 100...

Could these clubs be affecting my game and should I look at buying a set of clubs which will help me improve...

Any responses to this would be great, thanks in advance...

Paul

Last edit : Sun 10th Jul 2011 18:33
re: Are Titleist DCI 962's Blades or Cavity backs?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 10th Jul 2011 18:13

Game improver clubs, or clubs with cavity backs are very good for the high handicap golfer.Blades are for the better golfer, or those who strike the ball well.When I got my first decent set of golf clubs I had the cavity back ones.They do help to keep the ball in play.Once you get to the stage with your game where you are trying to shape your shots the the blades would be the way to go.Russ

re: Are Titleist DCI 962's Blades or Cavity backs?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 10th Jul 2011 18:55

Just found a picture of the DCI 962's and I would say they are cavity backed clubs.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top