Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

NvS - Tale of the tape

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sat 18th Jun 2011 23:03 | Last Reply

Past results for the 2011 players, scroll down to see the format goes a bit wrong!

2007 Hellidon 2008 Belton 2009 Wokefield 2010 Abbey 2011 Player Team Result Team Result Team Result Team Result   Adam Smith             North Won South Alan Davison             North Won North Andy Kenyon South Lost     South Won South Lost South Andy Kirk                 South Chris Brannon             North Won North Chris Hollenson             South Lost South Chris Millichip                 North Chris Perry     North Won North Lost North Won North Chris Salter         North Lost North Won North Clive Dakin         South Won South Lost South Daksheet Patel         South Won South Won South Danny James     South Lost         South Darren Atkinson         South Won South Won South Darren Millichip     South Won North Lost North Lost North Darren Ramowski North Won             South Dave ley     South Won South Won South Lost South Dean Harris         South Won South Won South Dean wood     South Lost North Won North Lost North Geoff Chapman                 South Glenn Curwood North Won North Lost North Won North Lost North Graham Mclean             North Lost North John Pettitt     South Won South Won South Won South John Standing     South Won South Lost South Won South John Sweeney                 South Kev Hewitt                 South Kevin Shearsby North AS North Won North Lost North Lost North Kevin Swain North Won North AS     South Won South Kevin Swain                 South Kevin Thomson                 North Lee Butler         South AS South Lost South Lewis Gladston-Buc.             North Lost South Lorna Nichols North AS North Lost North AS North Lost North Malcolm Fell         North Lost North Lost North Marc Davies             North Won North Martin Millichip     North Lost North Lost North Won North Matthew Squires             South Won South Michael Hopkins             North Won North Michael Kinsella                 North Neil Beech         North Won North Won North Nikki Lewis                 South Paul Hindmarsh                 North Paul Hughes                 North Paul Smith     South Won North Lost     South Peter Wilson     North Lost     North Won North Phil Eadsforth North Won North Lost North Won North Won South Phil Newton                 North Richard Norton                 North Robert Haynes             North Won North Robin Vidler             South Lost North Russell Middleton                 North Simon Battery     South Won South Won South Won South Steve Griffiths                 South Stuart Austin             South Lost South Stuart Govan     South Won South Won South Won South stuart laws         North Lost     North TBC                 South Tim Hawkins North Lost North Won North Lost North Won North

Last edit : Sat 18th Jun 2011 23:27
re: NvS - Tale of the tape
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 21st Jun 2011 22:42

Looks like the Govan/Battery lost their 100% record this year.

I have to admit that I played steady but my partner Robin had a dream start.

He made par on the first two holes, made it look easy in fact.

Then on the 3rd hole, a long par 4 downhill he hit his drive into the bunker on the left of the fairway.  The worst thing is it wasn't on the bottom of the bunker, it was on the upslope!

I had driven my ball straight down the middle of the fairway, right next to the 100 yard marker.

Then I said to Robin, "Just get it out and near or onto the green, don't worry about it as I should make par from here". 

He hit a lovely bunker shot, landed short of the green, a couple of bounces and then it rolled onto the green, straight into the hole for an eagle.

Dream start, par, par then an eagle.

We won the first four holes and held onto our lead for the rest of the round.

Russ

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 24th Jun 2011 18:49

OUCH!!!!

There is no need for that kind of language Timothy!!!

What you didn't know Stuart is that we were taking it easy with the pair of you.....    

I do remember you pitching in from off the green on the fourth hole, so you didn't play that bad!

Let's hope you play a bit better when we take on 'Those two' at your place.

I'll send you some dates and we'll have to get it arranged before the summer ends.

Russ

user275561
Reply : Sat 25th Jun 2011 00:34

Essex Man getting called a Northern sh^t now that's one for the books LOLOL

The defection to my adopted home of the last 19 years worked for me this time round; I played one of those rounds where if you woke up and found you were dead the following morning it would have been worth it!

I must just say that you could not find 2 more pleasant people to play with than Stuart and Simon.  They called a good shot when they saw it, even if it was for the opposition pair.  Good on you lads.

Russ, this could just be the start of something beautiful (but no kissing eh?!)

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top