Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Driver shaft advice?

Posted by: user48644 | Thu 18th Nov 2010 09:12 | Last Reply

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Bridgestone J33 driver online for a what seemed to be a bargain of £60, after reading great reviews of it. Unfortunately, the regular VS Proto shaft doesn't suit my swing, and the ball comes off the face too low, with no carry. My main driver is a TM Superquad, with stock Regular shaft, and the shaft seems more suited to my swing, with a good medium ball flight, good carry and a bit of roll. Both clubs are 10.5 degree.

Any advice on suitable replacement shafts for the bridgestone? i don't want to spend silly money, and would quite happily replace it with a pulled shaft from another club.  This a more of a winter nights project, than spending big money on the perfect driver!

Thanks in advance,

Stu

Last edit : Thu 18th Nov 2010 09:19
re: Driver shaft advice?
user69191
Reply : Thu 18th Nov 2010 22:21

I use this driver too and now use the regular shaft as I couldn't believe how stiff the stiff shaft was. (stock Reg shaft still more like a stiff though). Generally the club plays a little lower than a normal 10.5 degree driver, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual true loft was lower.

user24437
Reply : Fri 19th Nov 2010 08:49

Really pleased with the Aldila DVS 60 reg shaft I've had fitted to my driver.  It replaced the original (very) stiff Aldila green job that was in there originally - but even that was better than the stiff Prolaunch Blue that was in my regular MD driver.  Have almost stopped the wild slices I used to get and I don't even have to try and hit the ball, it just pings off the face now.  Can realistically work on getting 210 - 220yds with it, which for me is pretty long, but it's the accuracy that has come on leaps and bounds.

However, I probably wouldn't have got it if my brother hadn't brought it over from the States last time he visited - ended up costing me £57 instead of the £120-£190 from a UK supplier.

user24437
Reply : Fri 19th Nov 2010 18:59

Don't bother with the DVS65 though Stuart

user77012
Reply : Fri 19th Nov 2010 21:42

Stu,  55,65 & 75g are cheapies 50,60 and 70g are the real deal. The 60 is acutual 63g .

user24437
Reply : Fri 19th Nov 2010 23:50

See, I do listen to you, David

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top