Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Martin Kaymer...

Posted by: user276830 | Mon 11th Oct 2010 10:00 | Last Reply

First off, What a player!

His string of wins lately has been impressive but it's highlighted the fickle side of sports and celebrity. 

If Rory McIllroy had won the Alfred Dunhill, after winning the USPGA in a playoff and the KLM open, he'd be on Parkinson with his trophy's... !!!

I remember the sky sports commentators during the playoff holes of the USPGA, they were still going on about Rory's missed opportunity rather that focusing on how fantastically well MK had done.

Is MK getting enough credit for his achievements? 

Maybe it's something to do with nationality. Being from Northern Ireland I suppose I'm getting focused NI media reaction to Rory's career.

But I think the comparison highlights a double standard, that in sport, profile and celebrity is not based on sporting achievement but on personality, and perhaps nationality.

As a side note, I will eat my hat if Rory has achieved 7 tour victories and a major win by the time he's 25.

Last edit : Mon 11th Oct 2010 10:01
re: Martin Kaymer...
user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 11th Oct 2010 12:40

Completely agree Ray,

Kaymer's rise has been nothing short of sensational and it has emerged this morning that he could become World Number One at the end of the month. Read Here

I think he will reign in Europe for a few years before heading over to the States to try his luck there. Before that don't be surprised to see him win more majors.

A great boost for European golf.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top