Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Donnington grove golf course

Posted by: user326345 | Fri 17th Sep 2010 12:08 | Last Reply

I'm playing there tomorrow for a league final, any tips regarding the course? I understand it's a long course and long hitters would benefit but anything else i should be wary of?

Another thing i was wondering is, how forgiving is it? Alot of roughs outside fairway, narrow etc??

Thanks.

re: Donnington grove golf course
user77012
Reply : Fri 17th Sep 2010 13:07

Jamie you can delete post yourself at the bottom where it says edit, Donnington one of my favs ane quite popular on here with other GSr's .It's pretty much as you see it to be honest theres not too much rough and it is'nt to penal when in it , plenty of bunkers so try to avoid these and play to what you can see .8 is blind the tiger line is just inside left of marker post but loads of room out right , to far right is ok just hope to get lucky with your lie.The  9th just look to get down the fairway around 200 tiger line over left bunker but not much advantage imo. Play 11& 14 the same as 9 ,16 dont be greedy and favour the rightside of fairway off the tee. 17  plays longer than it looks big green so go up a club . 18 staight forward favour the right again but play short of the bunkers gives you best look at green . Enjoy I'm allready Jealous.

user52922
Reply : Fri 17th Sep 2010 19:35

Jamie, a well hit driver could make the water, so Darren is suggesting a three wood from the tee, keeping left because over the mounds to the right is OOB.

user52922
Reply : Fri 17th Sep 2010 20:01

Jamie, it is a long course to play but also there are very long walks between the 1st and 2nd hole, the 8th and 9th hole and even longer still the 9th to the 10th hole.

Having said that, it is a great course and you will thoroughly enjoy it.

user77012
Reply : Sun 19th Sep 2010 10:17

How'd you get on Jamie??

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top