Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Wychwood Park Sneak Peak

Posted by: user127691 | Wed 25th Aug 2010 17:22 | Last Reply

For all you guys who have qualified for the open final you can get a look at the course on sky sports today. Coverage from last weeks europro is on now and repeats tonight at 10pm.

Good insight into the course, it's got the head pro giving his views on the course and interviews held on the tee of a few of the difficult holes giving advice on how they should be played. 

re: Wychwood Park Sneak Peak
user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 13:21

Yeah I saw a bit of that last night Gary, I played in the Gtour the day before that started and it was incredible some of the scores they were coming in with.

Golfshake Open should be a great day!

user127691
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 13:34

Some of the guys at the europro event carded 90+ rounds on day 1 so it shows what a tough course it can be.

The wind at the end of the last round casuing all the leading groups to fall to peices is a very common thing up there as well. It's a bit strange calling anywhere an inland links course but it's set up to play like a links and even though it's not quiet the same as a stiff breeze coming straight off the sea the wind still gets pretty bad up there.

If anyone is interested in a warm up game on the run up to the event at Whycwood obviously as a memeber i can get visitors rates for anyone who fancies a round.

user16163
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 15:46

after viewing it on sky sports you can appreciate the difference of each hole by playing off the championship tees

thats an idea, darren can we play the GS Open from the back tees

Last edit : Thu 26th Aug 2010 15:47
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 19:31

Only if you want 6+ hour rounds!

user77012
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 19:49

You beat me to it Ramo

Last edit : Thu 26th Aug 2010 19:50
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 19:55

You've just had one haven't you, or was it just a 16 hour 2 hour drive ?

user77012
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 21:37

Yestersday on Saunton East course off the whites Mashall and Govan, 3hrs 45 then two fourballs Me.JP.Daz A and domel 4 hrs 15 last fourball 5hrs 30 . Govan has lost his slow mantle Played the west course today never played before under 4hrs if it wasn't for a fourball infront i think we could have taken 20 mins off that. Weather ok today yesterday very ,very wet.

user16163
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 22:52

as i recall darren the last time we played there, twas the group behind me that took nearly 5 1/2 hours to get round, a full 1 hour behind us.

oh yes that would be the group with my bro martin in it, and you thought govan was slow!!!!!

user24437
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 22:59

I was in the first group and we whizzed round on that day.  In fact, I finished the round, put my clubs in the car, had a drink, grabbed a buggy and just missed the group behind us off the tee.  Then there were some biiig gaps (and some pretty peed off players!)

user77012
Reply : Thu 26th Aug 2010 23:10

Hmmm funny enough Martins group was really slow at Arden maybe Martin's the new Govan!

user16163
Reply : Fri 27th Aug 2010 08:51

i just hope martin and govan dont get pared together at any time, and if they do i hope i am in front of them

algarve organisers take note!!!!!!!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top