Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

5 shot cut

Posted by: user249902 | Mon 5th Jul 2010 01:21 | Last Reply

Played in the Sunday morning fiddle, and returned with 42 points including a 'blob' on the 2nd.

After collecting my winings I was duely informed from next week I'll be playing off 21, a drop of 5 shots and 7 shots shy of my official club handicap. Don't think I'll be winning again for a while.

Happy Golfing 

re: 5 shot cut
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 5th Jul 2010 09:23

Wow a 5 shot drop!  I saw a notice in a club recently with a guy getting a 4 shot drop but mainly because the normal SSS of 72 had been changed to a CSS of 76.

Well played though. 

user77012
Reply : Mon 5th Jul 2010 10:11

My first cut was 10 ,  28 - 18 and that was on hear say to the hcp sec at the time, very harsh but true.Who needs enemies with friends like mine!

user25349
Reply : Mon 5th Jul 2010 10:55

Thats how my society operates..

If you win an event, you get a 5 shot cut in the hope it gives the other higher, non-regular playing golf members a chance of winning something.. One month I came in with 40 points thinking I had won my 1st event since I joined, only for my regular golfing partner to come in in the last group and shoot 41! We both got cut 5 shots!!

The way I see it, it gives you something to focus on.. Just lately, I have really changed the way I think about getting round a golf a course.. I just used to bash it down the hole as far as I could and deal with it when I get there.. Now I pick my tee shots more wisely and think about full lay-ups as supposed to fart arsey little pitches and chips that I am more likely to duff..  I have seen steady improvements in my game due to a more course management approach..

user249902
Reply : Sun 19th Sep 2010 17:45

Played my first sunday fiddle since getting a shot back last month and manged a dissapointing 36 points and won to be cut once again.

Dissapointed because my first 9 holes returned 22points. 

So next week my 'fiddle' handicap is down to 19,

How I wish i could play as well off the whites on my full handicap.

user83555
Reply : Mon 20th Sep 2010 21:35

you play to your potential once or twice in ten rounds of golf !

and your handicap is geared to reflect that potential

enough said ! 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top