Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap calcs when playing off 3/4, 7/16ths etc

Posted by: user41897 | Mon 28th Jun 2010 21:40 | Last Reply

A minor question.

Played in Gtour at Belton Woods on Saturday - and very enjoyable it was too - and shot a 92 for 32 points off 3/4 of my full handicap and hence 37 off my full handicap.

As far as hadnicap calcs go on here, I presume the round should be entered against the full handicap not the 3/4 or am I wrong? The scores entered through Gtour system and hence appearing here are a handicap round based on the 3/4.

In this instance it doesn't make any difference but interested to know and to enquire then if any round entered with anything less than full handicap should not be tagged as a handicap tracking round.

Does that make sense?

Andy

re: Handicap calcs when playing off 3/4, 7/16ths etc
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 28th Jun 2010 21:47

Andy. the handicap on here and through Gtour will always use your full handicap as at that date and you have no control over this and cannot change once you use the system.

The strokes box provides just that the option to change the round stroke allocation for example like this scenario when playing 3/4 handicaps or 7/8th etc  this is then used for nett and stableford calculations only

Hope this helps and makes sense.

Regards, Darren.

user41897
Reply : Mon 28th Jun 2010 22:09

Okay. So even though round shows as playing off 15 and only 32 points, as far as handicap calculations go it is based in the background on the fully 20 handicap.

Thanks for clearing that up.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 28th Jun 2010 22:15

Yes.  Handicap report should should handicaps at full level, I hope!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 29th Jun 2010 07:11

should show

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top