Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Poll: Should you be able to compete in more than 1 GS Open Qual.?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 21st Apr 2010 20:27 | Last Reply

You have already voted

No: 24%

Yes, but if they qualify they cannot be classed as a qualifier in another: 18%

Yes, but must state which is their "qualifier" and the others are friendlies: 22%

Yes, each event provides chance to qualify ie multiple chances: 34%

re: Poll: Should you be able to compete in more than 1 GS Open Qual.?
user16163
Reply : Thu 22nd Apr 2010 06:38

Darren

isnt option 2 and 4 the same thing?

as i see it once you have qualified for the final then how can you qualify for the final again

user52922
Reply : Thu 22nd Apr 2010 10:57

If any player is prepared to pay the entrance fee and suffer the costs of traveling to any of these qualifiers, then it is only right that he should be allowed to atrtempt to get a qualifying place for the Golfshake Open.

Restricting it like last year does not help the organisers at all in trying to get a decent field for their event. I travelled to BMirmingham last year just to help Paul Williams and Chris Perry in their East Midlands qualifying competion. I knew I could not qualify but attended for the reasons stated. I will not be doing the same again this year unless I am permitted to play the competition with the same chances as the next player.

Paul C. 3 is not an option that I would consider in the future, I do not need to pay out money for a friendly.

I do realise that everyone has a different vierw to mine and I accept that, but from my point of view I cannot compete with the likes of Stuart Laws and his enormous power on a long course. I am wasting my time attending if I have no chance at qualifying.

user26342
Reply : Thu 22nd Apr 2010 14:24

I'd have to disagree with you John.

I'm under the understanding that the Golfshake Open is supposed to give everybody a fair chance of qualifying.

If people are given the chance to compete in as many Opens as possible until they qualify then the odds are tipped in their favour. 

It would be discriminating against those that haven't got the same amount of disposal income & same level of spare time.

I've voted for No3, I don't think people should be restricted to which event they compete in but once they've competed they shouldn't be allowed to 'qualify' again in another event.

user16163
Reply : Thu 22nd Apr 2010 16:06

Personally i dont believe you should only have 1 chance to qualify for the open

you should be able to attempt to qualify as many times as you like but once you have qualified then should you wish to enter another qualifying event then you can only compete for the "on the day spot prizes" i.e nearest pin/longest drive and not for the 1/2 place prizes that gain entry to the open 

which is why i voted for no.2

Last edit : Thu 22nd Apr 2010 16:29
user114464
Reply : Thu 22nd Apr 2010 19:01

I am sure you can always compete with me John as i seem to have a problem getting it in the hole at the moment!

In terms of the qualifiers last year i would have played in the east mids & possibly north west but waited for the south yorks event which in the end couldn't attend through injury, so i would be in favour of playing as many times as you like for 1 qualifying place, at the end of the day it is at your own cost with no guarantee of securing a place in the final.

user52922
Reply : Thu 22nd Apr 2010 19:19

You would make the perfect greensomes partner for me, Stuart.

user106712
Reply : Thu 22nd Apr 2010 20:28

Seems like 2 & 4 are the same to me. therefore add the votes together and there's your winner.

user16106
Reply : Fri 23rd Apr 2010 17:42

Have any dates and places been set for 2010 as I cant seem to find them anywhere!

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user106712
Reply : Sat 8th May 2010 14:51

Ok...so now we've all voted ( or everyone who wants to) , has anything changed ???  Or what was the reason for the vote??

user106712
Reply : Sat 8th May 2010 15:27

Ah ! I see. so it was a vote to see how we would vote, so that if we vote to vote against against it then there would be no vote. but if we vote to vote for it then there would be a vote.

I'm glad thats cleared that up.!

user52922
Reply : Sat 8th May 2010 16:55

Only Darren can make the decision as to whether we can make multiple efforts to qualify and with the poll showing very clearly that the concensus is for this to happen then I am hoping a quick decision will be made so that we can enter the qualifiers we wish to.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 14th May 2010 14:56

Marginal decision but looks like the Yes to multiple chances wins with 58% if you combine the ambiguous answers.

I do however think JPs point is worth considering and those with more disposable income could play in all events given themselves greater chance to qualify.  Therefore when the information goes live later this weekend the ruling will be a capped entry so for example if there are 8 qualifiers you can only try to qualify in 3.  Exact ruling to be confirmed.

Regards, Darren. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top