Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ultrasonic Golf Club Cleaning

Posted by: user289727 | Sun 21st Mar 2010 17:23 | Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

Have come across a new machine in my driving range called an ultrasonic golf club cleaner.
It is supposed to clean the clubs using only water and ultrasonic waves in 4 minutes... I did not try.

Has anyone else come across there machines?
Do you think this is a good method for cleaning clubs? It's got to be better than scrubbing them?

re: Ultrasonic Golf Club Cleaning
user77012
Reply : Sun 21st Mar 2010 18:38

They have been around for years only recently taking off in this country.First came across one in Portugal around 1999 and was impressed then.I tried to get my local range to get one installed several years ago but it never happened so I bought my own, it's only small with the tank around 14" x6" x 8" deep and I use it almost after every round. Unfortunately not big enough to fit  the grips all the way in but keeps the heads looking fine. Mine cost me I think around £160 about 5yrs ago so as they charge a fiver a go i'm quids in. 

Last edit : Sun 21st Mar 2010 18:38
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 22nd Mar 2010 18:19

Christopher, as a Yorkshireman it pains me to pay for something I can do for nowt!!!

But as you say, for £2 to clean your clubs it's well worth it.

I've seen people pull out a club that was caked with mud, grooves completely filled in and then complain when they hit a bad shot!

Russ

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 25th Mar 2010 15:46

Dave I don't know how your wife let's you get away with it

user93554
Reply : Thu 25th Mar 2010 23:40

There was one at my old golf club and I thought it was brilliant, it was a while ago now but I think it was ony £1 a go.  The gips came up tacky, and cleaned the heads really well.

There are a few different models on ebay, I keep thinking I should get one, then tell the wife it is for cleaning her jewelery!!

user77012
Reply : Tue 1st Jun 2010 21:19

Chris thats just showing off

user30263
Reply : Mon 26th Nov 2012 14:52

I was looking through the Forums and found this chain of posts. Very interesting to read even though from a while back. It is good to see positive comments about Ultrasonic Cleaning as many players dont know anything about it! As for Fairy Liquid it will never get the grips to come up as well as a Professional Ultrasonic clean. If any players see Clear Swing Professional Ultrasonic Cleaning services at an event, give them a try, you will not be disappointed!

user26342
Reply : Wed 12th Dec 2012 12:44

I've not tried this yet, does anybody know any courses / ranges within the West midlands area that provide this service?

user356537
Reply : Wed 12th Dec 2012 22:28

Our pro had a guy come in every weekend for a few months but hardly anybody used it and it died a death.

user30263
Reply : Thu 13th Dec 2012 09:11

Its amazing how so many players pay lots of money for their clubs and then dont want to pay a few pounds to keep them in tip top condition. Its no different than paying to get your Car cleaned! Its also amazirasong how many players that dont even clean their clubs at all! Once anyone has an Ultrasonic Clean they will not be disappointed with the results! Clear Swing has never had any disappointed customers!

user16106
Reply : Thu 13th Dec 2012 12:17

As John F said. How do we know if there is an agent nearby. Is ok saying noone wants their clubs cleaned but if the pospective customer is unaware that there is someone local they are not going to use it. Is there a website that shows locations and times the cleaners will be. I am willing to try it but i'm not going to travel 30 miles for it. Please advise. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user24437
Reply : Thu 13th Dec 2012 18:51

Darren, how about turning up one of the Golfshake or G Tour events?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 13th Dec 2012 20:07

Dave what a great idea.

I'm tweaking some stuff on Golfshake to provide more 'resourceful' information so will look at creating a page with info on.

So the question is anyone know of any local/regional services ?

user30263
Reply : Tue 18th Dec 2012 10:35

We would like to be able to be at as many events as possible to provide our service. We are based in the East (Suffolk) but are mobile and can attend any event within reason provided it is financially feasible to do. Darren we would be pleased to be included in your new directory!

user30263
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 13:21

Just an update to say the diary is starting to get busy, so please let us know if you would like to book us for an event. Also we saved another two sets of regrips last week!

One last thing - beware of a recently set up company with a similar name to us do not get them confused with Clear Swing there is only one of us!

user30263
Reply : Thu 28th Mar 2013 11:30

Dan,

Not all players are the same & manual cleaning is not as time efficient and effective as an Ultrasonic Clean. Its down to individual preference. To your point if everyone washed and cleaned their own cars would there be the need for automated Car Washes or Valets?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 28th Mar 2013 12:12

I think that's the thing Dan not everyone cleans there clubs after every round and also how well do they clean them ?

The club cleaning services provide a service in the market and also use the ultrasonic technology to clean, more info below

http://www.golfshake.com/resource/golfclubclean/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasonic_cleaning

user30263
Reply : Thu 28th Mar 2013 13:16

Ultrasonic technology has been around for years in the medical and engineering professions, and has been used in the golf club cleaning application for a while too. Of course, the whole point of offering such a service is that it is optional, either as a static unit at a golf club or a visiting valet service like the one we run at Clear Swing. There is no obligation or pressure to use the service, but many people who do not have the time or interest in cleaning their clubs themselves greatly enjoy and benefit from having it done. In our experience, the personal valet service is best as using a self-service unit can be just as much of a task as doing it at home, and it's not very easy to load, unload, check and dry the clubs by hand yourself in the middle of a busy corridor or pro shop entrance. It is again, a bit like the car wash valets you find at the supermarket these days. Optional to use, and a non-expensive treat for your clubs/car with no effort on your part too. Also, when playing in wet/mucky weather like we have had lately, it really does save a laborious job. The ultrasonic technology has been proven to remove more dirt than manual cleaning, especially in the grips, and we have had a 100% satisfaction rate from golfers who have tried it out.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top