Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Does anyone play 9 hole par 3's

Posted by: user259247 | Fri 12th Mar 2010 07:16 | Last Reply

And if so what do you get round in.

Last 2 weeks I've got round in 39 which I'm not too disappointed with all things considered.

re: Does anyone play 9 hole par 3's
user287156
Reply : Fri 12th Mar 2010 08:24

My first ever round of golf the other day and i got a 48. There is one par 4 on the course tho.

user24437
Reply : Fri 12th Mar 2010 11:01

I've only ever played twice on a 9 hole par 3, and both times I've been round in 27.  Having said that, one of the tracks (at Rutland County) was pretty agricultural and we were playing matchplay, and my opponent  (hi Malc!) had a bit of a mare.  Even my miss hits were good and I even managed to get a nearest the pin award after thinning my tee shot to within a foot.

Like to have a go at a few more though, but I'm always left with a feeling of frustration afterwards because the round is over in a flash...  

user131525
Reply : Fri 12th Mar 2010 11:11

"Even my miss hits were good and I even managed to get a nearest the pin award after thinning my tee shot to within a foot"

Sounds like the story of the last year for you Tim!

user223196
Reply : Fri 12th Mar 2010 13:24

I personally think that unless you play a good quality par3 course you will gain nothing from the round, there are a number around where I live in Sheffield but the only one I would recommend playing is Bondhay. At least they put some time and effort into looking after the par3 course and not just leave it to ruin like many others. I played Bondhay a few weeks back and was going great until a disastrous 8 (yes eight!). I was on for a 33 until that hole. When I analyse my scores on golfshake I do drop a lot of shots on par  holes so I aim for 5-8 above par for the par round (32-35). If you try to hit this score on a bad quality par 3 it is so hit and miss as the greens are terrible and the mats bare.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top