Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap Certificate Abroad?

Posted by: user213848 | Fri 14th Aug 2009 14:53 | Last Reply

As a new member here i love the fact that i can keep a track of a handicap without being a member of a golf club.

My friend and i are going to Portugal in December and are booked to play at Penina on the championship course. It requres us to show a certificate, and i know this may seem a daft question give this site, but has anyone been here and used this certificate from here to play. I just want to make sure it is accepted so i don't get dissapointed when i turn up.

Thanks

re: Handicap Certificate Abroad?
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 14th Aug 2009 15:10

I used to run The Golf at Primrose Valley Holiday Park and produced "Membership Cards" which included Hcp for the guys when they went to The Algarve and they were welcomed.

So they should be OK from here, but make sure that Penina are not asking for MEMBERSHIP CERTIFICATES as against Handicap Certificates.

TheLyth

re: Handicap Certificate Abroad?
user52922
Reply : Fri 14th Aug 2009 16:58

I have stayed and played there a few times over the years. A great hotel and golf course. I have never been asked for a handicap certificate and in this day and age, money is the key, not your ability.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top