Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Dawn Of A New Era...

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 10th Jul 2009 20:07 | Last Reply

As most of you now know, tomorrow is the North v South League Challenge match.

Players from the Romford League will meet in combat (or a round of golf!) against their foe from the North.

The Southern League side are now about to embark on a new era of domination over the Northern League side.

I expect each and every one of the Southern team to give their best for this event, content in the knowledge that giving the 'Other lot' a good drubbing is the only thing that counts.

The 'Other lot' will be turning up in their fancy dress costumes full of confidence that they will be going home with the trophy!

We, here in the Southern team know different.

Please take every chance to 'Rub their noses in it'

See you there and please have your winners speech ready.

Photographs will be taken during the day and evening, and I'll publish them for the world to see.

Remember Southern team, this is not a one off event, it's going to be an annual event so by beating the 'Other lot' in this first event will give each and every one of you your place in history.

Play well, and cheat if you are losing....   lol

Russ

re: Dawn Of A New Era...
user235379
Reply : Fri 10th Jul 2009 21:26

i look forward to battle, or a fourball...which ever comes first.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 10th Jul 2009 22:15

Don't look forward to it Alan, imagine going down in history as being a member of the first ever losing team in the Two League Challenge game....     

I'm not taking it too serious, I've just had a massage and I'm off to bed now with my Positive Thinking tape.

Russ

user235379
Reply : Fri 10th Jul 2009 22:50

at worst i'll finish 2nd...50/50, not bad odds.

on my command, unleash hell.

user235379
Reply : Fri 10th Jul 2009 22:51

just thought, at over 2 hours travel, i may leave now.

user235379
Reply : Sat 11th Jul 2009 20:07

thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome, the rain didn't arrive, the sun came out and the company fantastic, nothing more to add really

EXCEPT THAT THE NORTH WON

Last edit : Sat 11th Jul 2009 20:08
user115085
Reply : Sat 11th Jul 2009 21:07

A closely fought battle with the North beating the South by 1 point. A great day had by all I think. The 18 holer was in super condition, lovely food after and some nice trophies again.

Cheers Al/Russ

Last edit : Sat 11th Jul 2009 21:22
user41897
Reply : Sat 11th Jul 2009 21:36

Yep great day.  Thanks to all who made it so.  Testing course if you can't hit straight. 

The wrong result of course but with many of the northies playing on the south team, what do you expect? LOL.

Sorry I couldn't stay for food.  Got home in time for wifey to go out so all happy.

Thanks to Alan, Paul and Richard in my group (1st away) for an excellent round.  All square after 17 holes (after my well timed par to level the game) and pipped by the northies on the last. Gutted.

Until next time...

Last edit : Sat 11th Jul 2009 21:41
user41897
Reply : Sat 11th Jul 2009 22:01

The 'Par 3' course was a stern test(?!) though rapidly dispatched. Based on length should have been an SSS 12! Played a beaut on the 8th though the hole into which my putt dropped was not the one is was aiming at.  had some interesting deflections off the rabbit droppings too.

Whilst the Par 3 course was dreadful it did give us all a bit of a laugh and thankfully was not representative of the main course which I think all will agree was pretty damn good.  I would certainly play there again (but may skip the par 3)

The range and practice facilities were pretty good and the changing rooms likewise.  Think I need to do a proper review!

Last edit : Sat 11th Jul 2009 22:07
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 12th Jul 2009 15:42

The 'Par Three Course' was not as described, it turned out to be a very poor pitch and putt!

The longest hole that I can remember was 110 yards and the shortest was 60 yards.

There were no greens!  It looked to us like they had cut the grass too short just as the sun came out and it scorched it all!  On the 8th green I had a putt over some long grass that then went downhill on the scorched stuff.  Now this long grass was actually on the green!

The 18 hole course was a completely different thing, great greens and good fairways, sand in the bunkers.  Some of the fairways were very tight and the rough could be very rough in places.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top