Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Career Opportunities:

Posted by: user68876 | Fri 22nd May 2009 09:37 | Last Reply

Gents (and ladies) - I've recently been made redundant and I refuse to sit still until I'm back in gainful employment.  Having spent much of May trawling web-sites, speakng to all my current (and new) contacts and approaching (mainly useless) Recruitment Agencies, I thought I'd start a less than orthodox trail.

To that end, if anyone in the North West has need for an experienced Retail Buyer then please do not hesitate to let me know.  I have just finished 2 years of a consultancy post and prior to that held senior buying roles at JD and before that all:sports and Olympus Sport.  Whilst I have a bias to sport/fashion, I am confident my skill sets are easily transferable to many purchasing roles in retail.

Sorry if that was starting to sound like an official covering letter/pitch but having spent many hours searching by the conventional route, what have I got to lose by asking fellow Golshake members!  Equally, if anyone is in the same boat, feel free to share your exeriences as we may all be able to help one another out in one way or another!

re: Career Opportunities:
user71987
Reply : Fri 22nd May 2009 12:27

Russell,

Feel free to PM me mate and I will give you my mobile number. I'm in the recruitment business and may be able to give you some contacts.

Si

re: Career Opportunities:
user68876
Reply : Fri 22nd May 2009 14:24

Good for you Wayne - best of luck!

I'd love to work in the golf sector as who wouldn't like to combine their hobby with work but at this stage, beggars can't be chosers when there's mouths to feed.

Sorry to hear your predicament Matt - I'm not yet frustrated as believe there is something around the corner... things happen for a reason and this will turn out to be for the best!  Mind... ask me again in 6 months!! 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top