Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Worcester YMCA Golf Charity Day

Posted by: user75266 | Fri 20th Mar 2009 13:04 | Last Reply

I've provisionally booked this year's event for Wednesday 15th July 2009.

Again this will be played at Ombersley Golf Course, teams of 4, coffee on arrival, and 3 course meal.

I haven't confirmed the minor details yet, but imagine it to be very similar tio last years event, with a raffle, lost ball sweepstake, nearest the pin and longest drive competitions all happening on the day.

This competition was extremely well supported by Golfshakers last time and hopefullt this years will be bigger and better!

Anyone interested?

(Will update this post with prices and confirmation of exact itinerary asap) 

re: Worcester YMCA Golf Charity Day
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 13:48

Dave, may even get an official GS staff team this year

user24437
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 15:23

Number 1 sponsor here.  I shall again be entering two teams, hopefully the same groups as last year if everyone involved wants to give it a go.  Unfortunately if it's on the 15th I may not be able to make it - holiday plans are a bit fluid this year - but will enter the  teams anyway and arrange for a suitable suitable substitute (cue jokes about bits of wood etc).  

And yes Darren, after grabbing my company's publicity last year I think that you should enter an official team.  After all, coming 3rd is no disgrace. 

user52922
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 18:54

I am with you, Tim, too good an event to miss.

user77012
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 19:01

Im looking forward to it also,cheers Tim.

user91418
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 21:33

hi there new to golfshake, i am on my own at the mo any chance joining up with others? mark

user24437
Reply : Fri 20th Mar 2009 23:23

Sorry, not for this one Mark.  I (at least my business did) entered two teams last year and not only have one of my teams got a title to defend, but the other team has got to beat them.  We cleaned up in the raffle as well.

Anyway, welcome to the Golfshake site.  If you fancy a game why not just get your name down for one of the Golfshake comps - great way to get to know people on the site and find people in your area.  

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 21st Mar 2009 00:00

I'll be back as long as I can escape work for the day.  I'm looking forward to John Pettitt's Crouch-esque robot dancing again! 

Mark - Have a look at the public comps and get your name down for one or two.  As I'm in your area I would happily give you a game but your avatar has really put me off; I already have to play with a bloody Wolves fan!

user26342
Reply : Sun 22nd Mar 2009 19:46

Dave / Tim,

I'm also available to defend our title & as I'm down to my last 20mars bars I will need to win the raffle again!!

John

user77012
Reply : Sun 22nd Mar 2009 20:41

John, the yeas supply of chocy maybe the most contested prize you wont believe how many raffle tickets i'm buying.

user26342
Reply : Sun 22nd Mar 2009 20:44

Dave, If you win just remember how many I've given you

user24437
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 16:23

I think John Flood has got 4 Mars bars left he could put in the raffle

user24437
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 16:51

Team updates

Have been sorting through handicaps and stuff for N v S and have come up with what may be a form guide.  This is the handicap situation as of today compared to the last event...

1st team

D. Ley   +0.3

K. Hewitt      -0.3

T. Hawkins    -1.5

C. Perry        -5.2

Total            -6.7

A Team

J. Pettitt       +3.2

W. Santorini  -0.5

J. Flood        -1.2

P. Cook        -3.2

Total            -1.7 

Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:14

Christ, have I gone down by that much?  I must've been really rubbish back then!

user52922
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:17

Your handicap is still too high for your striking abilities, Chris and don't deny it.

user24437
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:19

I think the phrase you're looking for is 'even more rubbish then' Chris.

Seriously though, I thought it was quite interesting the changes in only 6 months - obviously John has got a bit of an excuse because of a bit of a sore knee - but both Chris and Paul have dropped 20% and 15% respectively.  The rest of us only have about 6% variance either way. 

Last edit : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:28
user26342
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:20

John,

I've told Chris if he were to concentrate on his course management he would be a much better player. His downfall sometimes is once he gets into trouble he struggles to play the % shot to get back into play,

user52922
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:44

You are right, John F. Chris struck the ball superbly off the tee at my club, very long in fact. He played our 14th which is a difficult hole for me as I find it out of range in two shots for me. His drive left him  a short iron and he promptly hit it over the green, then semi shanked one to the right of the green, then thinned a chip over the green, chipped on and two putted for a seven when an easy four was staring himin the face.

He came back in 41 shots on a nine holes that are very difficult. That same nine cost me 48 shots today.

My friends were not impressed with his handicap after seeing him strike the ball the way he did and if he can do it once then he can do it again.

user26342
Reply : Mon 23rd Mar 2009 20:54

& I bet you've scored 40+ points those 4 times

Reply : Tue 24th Mar 2009 09:11

I know that I'm better than my handicap suggests and have never denied it.  The problem is I can't do it consistently, even within a round let alone from one to another, and if you have a look at the last two cards I put in (87 followed by 108) then you will see why I am where I am at the moment.  John P will attest that while I played well and struck the ball well I made the odd silly mistake (like thinning my wedge on the 14th) which robbed me of an even better score.  I finished with 8 pars and a birdie, meaning I dropped 19 shots on 9 holes - not good in anyone's book. 

87 is still my best card (I've had an 85 but it was on a par 64 so it doesn't count) and I now know that my key area for improvement is recovering from trouble as that's what's causing the most dropped shots. 

user52922
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 19:31

Cannot see this page, Dave, where have you put it. A link is fine.

user24437
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 19:34

Yep seen it Dave - thanks for the invite!  The 3D Cubed allstars will all hopefully be in attendance.

OK teams, think we may have to go for a colour change this year, thinking Sky Blue and Orange!  With the 3D Cubed logo

http://www.uniformyourbusiness.com/Polo-Shirts/Heavyweight-100-Cotton-Pique/Fruit-Of-The-Loom-Premium-100-Cotton-Piq
ue-Polo.aspx?branding=Fruit+of+the+Loom

Just waiting with baited breath for the Golfshake official team to get going.   

Last edit : Wed 8th Apr 2009 19:37
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 19:38

John, 'play golf' section.  Which I think I will rename to games and events unless anyone elses can suggest something better

http://www.golfshake.com/golf/view/770/

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 19:43

Guns are drawn then hey Tim

Right, I have 1 or 2 spots on the official golfshake.com team.  Anyone interested ?

user11501
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 20:20

Darren,

Since I had to pull out of one of the two teams last year, can I please join the Golfshake.com crew. Would be goodto play for Golfshake as the reigning Order of Merit champion.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 20:37

Martin, glad you saw this   1st invite to you

user11501
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 20:39

Great, cheers Darren

user26342
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 20:55

nice to see you'll be making up the numbers & watching the 3d Cubed guys clean up again

user26342
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 20:56

Tim,

as far as colours go what do winners normally wear??

user24437
Reply : Wed 8th Apr 2009 22:13

Chocolate

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2009 16:46

Paul (Williams), who are you playing for ?

Reply : Thu 9th Apr 2009 17:31

That's it in the bag for 3D cubed then!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 12th May 2009 10:28

Team Golfshake.com now confirmed

Darren Ramowski

Phil Eadsforth

Colin Astbury

Martin Millichip

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top