Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

OOB Rule does matter!

Posted by: user22898 | Tue 21st Nov 2006 19:24 | Last Reply

I�m sure it must not be the case, but I�m starting to wonder if my playing partners and I are the only people actually taking notice of the Out Of Bounds rules. Every time I play, I always encounter a player from another fairway playing their ball on the wrong side of the line of white marker posts.

The last time I played Ruxley Park in Kent, I was waiting to tee off on the 12th when a player appeared out of the woods from the fairway on the right and walked to his ball in the middle of my fairway and hit it over the trees back to his fairway. Not only had he walked through a line of white OOB markers to play this shot, he was actually playing his ball from the wrong course! He was supposed to be playing the 17th on Cray Valley which runs parallel to the 12th at Ruxley Park.

Maybe I take it too seriously.

Cheers Keith

re: OOB Rule does matter!
user24437
Reply : Fri 6th Jul 2007 23:24

Get in there and play it, you wuz.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 9th Jul 2007 15:42

I always play off other fairways if I use my driver off the tee, no other way to play it when you have a slice as bad as mine

user24437
Reply : Mon 9th Jul 2007 16:17

Some courses it's actually easier and shorter to go the scenic route.  I did it once at Wokefield, but that was only because I wanted to say hello to Wayne. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top