Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

PAIRS COMPETITION

Posted by: user93749 | Thu 15th Jan 2009 13:06 | Last Reply

As a change of pace I was wondering how many people would fancy a pairs competiton say in July/August ? Im just throwing it out there at the moment. Pairs could either be submitted or individuals could enter and we could draw pairs out the hat.We could either add the stableford scores together or play a betterball. What does everyone think?small print: (If you were drawn to play with Santo you would have to wear matching outfit )

re: PAIRS COMPETITION
user24437
Reply : Thu 15th Jan 2009 13:21

Lee

looked like a decent idea until I read the small print.  Can you imagine playing against two tangerines? 

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 15th Jan 2009 14:11

I'm up for anything, you should know that.  But being beat by Santo and partner would be like being tango'd!

Need to be careful though Lee as there will be a lot of comps this year with Belfry, N v S, regionals (qualifiers and final), summer cup, end of season, HHC's, etc.    I agree that a different format would make it interesting but flooding with comps means people pick and choose and you end up with poor numbers at all of them, especially if they're midweek. 

user77921
Reply : Thu 15th Jan 2009 14:25

We are looking at having a golfshake pairs event in the summer Lee, obviously great minds think a like!! We are just trying to get rates/dates etc for our events so keep an eye out on the site for them in the near future.

user77012
Reply : Thu 15th Jan 2009 14:33

The Dragons are in me and Mr Hewitt.

Reply : Thu 15th Jan 2009 14:34

John Pettitt is barred from playing with a big hitter!

Reply : Thu 15th Jan 2009 16:39

West Mids regional is likely to be July 12th (yours is June and I'm unavailable for half of May due to wedding) so August would be better.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top