Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Useless in the wet...

Posted by: user127313 | Sat 1st Nov 2008 20:08 | Last Reply

I'm absolutely useless in the wet!

My irons have soft grips which seem to soak up water, and can't hold onto anything!

i have quite a fast swing, but lose confidence in the rain.

any tips?

re: Useless in the wet...
user127313
Reply : Sat 1st Nov 2008 20:36

Cheers, i do try to keep everything dry as much as possible, but never seems to last.

Someone suggested wearing marigolds or latex gloves instead, worth a try or just bo**ocks?

user127313
Reply : Sat 1st Nov 2008 20:49

i did think that of course, but also thought...hang on...why not?? as long as they are not pink i can't see why they wouldn't work! :-D

user24437
Reply : Sat 1st Nov 2008 22:08

Same happened to me last week, found that only wearing your glove for the shot and then taking it off helped, at least it keeps it a bit dryer for longer.  Having said that I did decide to get new Lambkin cord grips this week and will try a pair(!) of Callaway wet weather gloves if it happens again.  Nothing really helps if it starts hailing though...

user77012
Reply : Sun 2nd Nov 2008 10:31

Jusy buy a pair of rain gloves (forgotten trade name )you could put your grips in bucket of water and it the grip is as good as when dry. I was scepticle at first but can highly recommend.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 20th Nov 2008 17:03

I bought a wet weather glove last winter and I only used it once, fantastic in the wet! Broke Hill GC was the venue and it poured all the way round. The only reason we set off was that my playing partner needed a card signing for his handicap. I'm not a member there but the other player was. Seeing as I'd driven 25 miles to get there I thought to myself 'If these two are playing then I might as well join them' After three or so holes my normal glove was very wet and the grips were starting to slip. I changed to my wet weather glove and WOW! It seemed the wetter my grips got the better this glove gripped the club. I do try and keep my clubs dry but on this day it just wasn't possible. So my advice would be to get a wet weather glove. Russ

Last edit : Thu 20th Nov 2008 17:03

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top