Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

hello !

Posted by: user110783 | Fri 1st Aug 2008 18:52 | Last Reply

hi everyone

just played my first round since september 1999 and what can i say.

this game got even harder or i got overweight, old, unbalanced with real bad timing

played a lot in the south but now living up north, newcastle and looking forward to a new lease of life. theres loads of clubs up here and i look forward to playing as many as the missus lets me

re: hello !
user25268
Reply : Fri 1st Aug 2008 20:16

hi robert welcome to the north east, as you say there are lots of great courses in this area. i'm a member at blyth golf club only 15 mins from newcastle, as i'm retired i can play almost any day so if you fancy a round at blyth just let me know.

user110783
Reply : Sun 3rd Aug 2008 18:57

hi guys, thanks for your replies.

brian, i may just take you up on that offer after i've hit a few more at the range

one round in 9 years and it was looking at being a 120 so i think a fair whack of practice is called for

user112184
Reply : Wed 6th Aug 2008 23:07

Hi everyone. Just played a round with a fellow member. I shot an 81 on a par 67 course. +14, my best score to date. Yet is doesn't appear in my best 3 rounds list. Anyone know why this is?

user25268
Reply : Thu 7th Aug 2008 20:15

Robert, dont be embarrassed at shooting 120, have you seen my stats.

Last edit : Thu 7th Aug 2008 20:26
user110783
Reply : Fri 8th Aug 2008 18:51

i'd say frustrated rather than embarrassed.

its so long since i'd played i was just eager to be out hitting and was rushing everything, skipping my set up routine etc, but god i enjoyed myself

user25268
Reply : Fri 8th Aug 2008 20:25

Robert i know what you mean about feeling frustrated, i feel that i'm playing better striking the ball better and so on but the darn scores just ar'nt coming down,still i'll just keep plugging away.

user110783
Reply : Sun 10th Aug 2008 00:47

it'll happen, i'll put the big stick away and work on the short game

very happy with my putting, but i putt that down to playing too much tiger woods :P

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top