Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Multiple Users Handicaps

Posted by: user9215 | Mon 10th Jul 2006 11:06 | Last Reply

can i recalculate the handicaps of my multiple users now that i have 3 rounds recorded for them

they are still on the handicap which we guestimated for them when joining the society and some of these are way off. specifically when we guessed to low.

thanks

colin

re: Multiple Users Handicaps
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 10th Jul 2006 20:49

A recalculate option is available but from the tools section > user management > and then select the maintenance option.

The recalculate only works though if you make manual adjustments or modify or delete rounds.

If you let the users I'll remove the starting handicaps and then the site can work out the handicap based on the first 3 rounds added.

Darren.

Colin wrote:

can i recalculate the handicaps of my multiple users now that i have 3 rounds recorded for them

they are still on the handicap which we guestimated for them when joining the society and some of these are way off. specifically when we guessed to low.

thanks

colin

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 11th Jul 2006 21:02

Hi Colin.

I've tried to keep handicap and points independent, so the site calculates your handicap but this will not affect any existing rounds or points and then obviously the competition/society.

The reasoning behind this is that in some competitions you do not always play off full handicaps. If you ever need to change you can just go back and modify/edit the rounds and add in a different stroke value, the strokes is just used for the stableford points calculation.

Not sure why someon is 0.7 can you let me know the users name. Feel free to e-mail direct.

Regards,

Darren.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 19th Jul 2006 19:59

All resolved.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top