Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Suggestions Please

Posted by: user84935 | Tue 25th Mar 2008 10:46 | Last Reply

Hi,

Im looking to book a long weekend away in middle of September. There will be 5 of us going, two couples and my daughter(2yrs).

The main inspiration for going will be golf, but we will also need something for the ladies to do and also child safe areas. Obvioulsy decent weather.

Im thinking of a nice golf resort, preferably with a spa or similar close by and within walking distance to the local village for restuarants etc.

Happy to fly and want to remain in europe, ideally France, Spain or Portugal.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas that anyone may have or experiances of similart trips that they could share.

Many thanks

re: Suggestions Please
user52922
Reply : Tue 25th Mar 2008 12:21

I have stayed here and it has everything, I can assure you. Five golf courses which you can play for free, a craft centre to keep the ladies occupied and in a beautiful settting. September will be good for the weather.

http://www.manorashbury.co.uk/default.asp?r=overture80

user52922
Reply : Tue 25th Mar 2008 12:43

No problem, Oli, may I suggest the many good deals to be had in Northern France, great courses which are easy to get to with your own car.

A week-end to either Spain or Portugal is just not value for money IMO.

user52922
Reply : Tue 25th Mar 2008 14:15

http://www.opengolfclub.com/en/golf/home~ref~touquet.htm

I have stayed at Le Manoir and The Westminster. Le Manoir is the cheaper option but the Westminster has a restaurant to die for.

Le Touquet is a seaside resort, so plenty to do.

La Mer is as difficult a course as you will find anywhere, a true links, but La Foret is a nice course also.

You could also stay at Hardelot which has two very good courses, The Dunes and The Pines and they are always doing deals.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top