Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Why Do They Do It?

Posted by: user25349 | Sat 16th Feb 2008 16:24 | Last Reply

Hi All,

Just want to rant about, and ask why, club manufacturers feel it necessary to put bloody great big barcode stickers at the bottom of the shafts of their clubs??!

I bought myself some new gear after christmas, was delighted when it all turned up, but one thing that got me going was the barcode stickers on my 7 iron, 5 wood, 3 wood and driver.  The driver had a low adhesive sticker on it, but the others, proper sticky stickers!! :-o

Have given my clubs a clean today and still cannot get the after effect of the stickers off my shafts!! The bottom of my clubs are growing fluff!!

I'm off to scrub furiously!! ;-)

re: Why Do They Do It?
user9368
Reply : Sat 16th Feb 2008 19:35

Still got a pristine oval mark on the face of my rusty wedge where the foil sticker originally was. Just will not rust with the rest of the face. Tried abrasives, solvents nothing gonna shift it. As for persil, the set gets cleaned with this after or before every game so i know thats not gonna work. 18 months of wear is just starting to break through this forcefield might start to rust before the years out

user24437
Reply : Sun 17th Feb 2008 12:08

Brown sauce does much the same thing but is much more aggresive. 

user25349
Reply : Sun 17th Feb 2008 16:13

Cheers for all the responses, but just to wonder off my rant a little, I am I right in believing you want your wedge to rust?

If so, why?

Or is rust, as I think of it, not what is meant here?

user71987
Reply : Sun 17th Feb 2008 18:52

here is a simple tip to get rid of the majority of the sticky stuff.

first try to peel the lable off as slowly as possible keeping your fingers as close as possible to where it is peeling away, second "don't roll up what you have peeled off as if you dab the sticky side on to the residue rapidly (you gents know the action) this will get off virtually everything left on the shaft. if some is still left after this a little lighter fluid on kitchen roll will take it off and will evaporate away!

jobs a goodun!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top