Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Celtic Manor

Posted by: user26342 | Sat 26th Jan 2008 10:03 | Last Reply

To all,

Had to let you know about the fantastic experience I had yesterday at the Celtic Manor.

Myself & 4 friends paid £40 pp which included a coffee & bacon roll upon arrival, a token for the driving range, a buggy & 18 holes on the new Montgomorie course.

But that's not all, upon arrival at the clubhouse the golf concierge took our clubs from the car & loaded them onto the buggies for us. The facilities were 2nd to none, the course in superb condition for time of the year & after our round of golf we also had our shoes cleaned while we got showered & changed!!! Result.

We also got to check out the 2010 Ryder cup course & clubhouse.

This winter offer is available up until the end of March & would urge anyone looking for a golf day out to take this up.

Thanks,

John.

Ps , there was not one single person in Jeans & t-shirt!!  

Last edit : Sat 26th Jan 2008 10:05
re: Celtic Manor
user41897
Reply : Sat 26th Jan 2008 20:37

But did your game rise to the occasion

user26342
Reply : Sat 26th Jan 2008 21:59

Andy,

Started with a par, par, bogey & then managed to find one of Colin's famous pot bunkers on every other hole. Some of the holes have breathtaking views & it's hard not to play good golf because your surroundings bring the best out of you.

John.

user23840
Reply : Sun 27th Jan 2008 08:23

I know what you mean John. I've played the London club a few times. You just have no on course excuses anymore when you play courses of those standards. No bad fairways, no bad greens, all the bunkers are nicely raked with plenty of sand, and no stones. You just have to concerntrate on making a good swing.

Last edit : Sun 27th Jan 2008 08:23
user9368
Reply : Sun 27th Jan 2008 08:50

Looks like a nice course. Did you get good weather?

user26342
Reply : Mon 28th Jan 2008 09:17

Colin,

The weather was dry but very, very windy. At one of the par 3's which was 145yds we all had to take rescue woods to reach the green!!.

Anthony,

You will have a fantastic day. If you play the Montgomorie course, I think it is the 3rd or 4th hole which is a par 5. When you get to the grren yo can see the 2010 Ryder cup course.

Don't forget to take advantage of the shoe cleaning service.

John.

user26342
Reply : Wed 30th Jan 2008 18:42

Anthony,

Make sure you get yourself a course guide, there £5 but the information & quality of it is well worth the money.

Don't forget to order yourself a sandwich from the hut on the 10th tee so that when you finish the hole it's ready & waiting for you!!! You'll need a rest as the 10th hole is a real tester.

John. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top