Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What do you think? #SPOTY

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 15th Dec 2014 09:32 | Last Reply

Last edit : Mon 15th Dec 2014 09:32
re: What do you think? #SPOTY
user477305
Reply : Mon 15th Dec 2014 14:35

I have to agree with the author, Rory was robbed. I'm not denying that Hamilton is a suberb driver but his car (and therefore the entire Mercedes team - engineers, pit crew etc) are at least as responsible as he is. Rory has dominated huge fields of the worlds best golfers all year long using exactly the same equipment that they are (more or less), and it is all him. When he's out on the course he has onl himself o blame if something goes wrong, Hamilton has an entire list of names ready to take the fall. Again I think that Hamilton is a brilliant driver, and I love watching F1, but Rory has been one of the best sporstman on the planet this year.

Last edit : Mon 15th Dec 2014 14:35
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 15th Dec 2014 20:05

What was stranger to me was the fact the women's rugby team won the Team of the Year, yet Paul McGinley won Coach of the Year. Was it that they(BBC) didn't want to give two awards to the same sport?

Last edit : Mon 15th Dec 2014 20:05
user217280
Reply : Tue 16th Dec 2014 16:43

Rory is playing against hundreds of players in the world of golf who are capable of winning on any given week, so it is difficult to win and winning consistantly is even more dificult, in Formula 1, most of the teams have no chance of winning and are just making up the numbers, so it his Hamilton verses maybe four other drivers, if that, every time he races, so hardly the same amount of competion, only my opinion but then I don't like car racing.

Last edit : Tue 16th Dec 2014 16:43
user246701
Reply : Wed 17th Dec 2014 11:40

Public vote, will come out with nonsensical results on occasion.

.... I must say though it's very strange the amount of outrage about this, and yet not many votes. Just shows that most people simply didn't vote. The numbers of regular golfers in the UK, and yet hardly anybody voted, says more than the actual vote itself !

Last edit : Wed 17th Dec 2014 11:40
user604925
Reply : Sat 20th Dec 2014 12:42

I agree with other posts that Rory should have won this. I thought it was nailed but I have to admit, I didn't vote and if you look at the voting figures, in a country with a population of 60 million, a few hundred thousand votes show that the public actually aren't that bothered.

Hamilton has done very well this year and good luck to him but he drives the best car with one of the best financial backings. Rory plays on a level par with all other competitors so for me he should have won but as I've already said. I didn't vote so perhaps I should have.

Last edit : Sat 20th Dec 2014 12:42

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top