Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What a great week I've had!

Posted by: user40826 | Wed 9th Jul 2014 21:16 | Last Reply

So, teaching my class last week and feel my phone buzz in my pocket, nothing unusual there. Sent the kids out for playtime and checked my phone:

Joe: Been thinking we should go and watch the Open this year Me: What you getting at, you paying? Joe: How do you fancy Saturday at The Open? Me: Would love to mate, but money won't allow it matey. Joe: Don't worry pal..... Joe: How does VIP Hospitality at The Open sound? Free of charge? Cue me ringing him, sounding like a child on Christmas morning!

He's only gone and got tickets through his company and somebody dropped out, tickets going spare, so he jumped at the chance. So look for me next Saturday around the 16th with a free drink in my hand Ridiculously excited.

To make things even better, went late to the golf club with my father in law for a knock and found he'd signed us up for the Monthly Stableford just before the club shop closed. Quick warm up and 39 points later and I have my FIRST ever win at the club and a hefty 1.2 cut!

What a week

Playing twice this weekend, once for the club away at Lillishall GC and then its Presidents Day on the Sunday. I may be doing some golf related activities in my classroom next week.

Last edit : Wed 9th Jul 2014 21:16
re: What a great week I've had!
user338942
Reply : Thu 10th Jul 2014 10:22

If you haven't been before The Open is a cracking day out. Just make sure you do your 'sunshine dance' before you head out!! (although in VIP rain may just mean more beers)

Last edit : Thu 10th Jul 2014 10:22
user80078
Reply : Thu 10th Jul 2014 15:20

As a retired teacher, I can understand just how you must be feeling with the term almost over and the Open visit to look forward to. Good on ya! Have a great time. We could all do with a mate like yours. LOL. Mike.

Last edit : Thu 10th Jul 2014 15:20
user40826
Reply : Thu 10th Jul 2014 20:39

It will be the perfect end to the school year. Although going back for 3 days the week after is a bit of a kicker. But, the 6 weeks on the golf course will more than make up for it

I'm praying for the sunshine for that day. I'm desperately hoping Tiger, Phil, Rory make the weekend.

Last edit : Thu 10th Jul 2014 20:39
user451055
Reply : Fri 11th Jul 2014 14:36

Don't be tempted to stay in the VIP bit however strong the draw of free alcohol. Try and get round a few holes. It makes such a difference to the appreciation of the shots on TV when you have seen the holes for yourself. And there is better atmosphere on the course probably. I am going for the full day on Thursday. Leaving Leeds at 5.45am and not expecting to be home before 10pm. Making the most of all that wonderful golf!

Last edit : Fri 11th Jul 2014 14:36

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top