Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Farleigh Fox

Posted by: user552320 | Fri 30th Aug 2013 12:35 | Last Reply

Just want to say what a great day my friends and I had at Farleigh Fox Golf Club on 17th August. The weather was not great, but the welcome was warm and we were suitably prepared, thanks Liam, and the course was in great condition. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves. I know we finished a little late, about 7.00pm, but it was a shame there was no food available for some very hungry golfers. However the memory of the course is good and I look forward to another visit to play the third 9.

re: Farleigh Fox
user21179
Reply : Fri 30th Aug 2013 15:47

Hi Robert 8 of us played Farliegh for the first time a few weeks ago. Unlike you we played in blistering hot weather with very little wind. The foxhills influence can be seen in the new clubhouse and probably the best greens I have played on all year and waist high rough just meters off the fairway. Even though we all enjoyed the course and thought that it was the best value golf in the South East, £15 I think if booked online I felt that it was just too short to play on a regular basis. Admittedly there was loads of run and the ball was flying a long way but all the par 5s were reachable with 2 long iron shots (3rd with driver and long iron) and only a few par 4s over 400 yds. With all the space they have they definately need to make the course longer to make it more challenging. Tim

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top