Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Select competition when fililng in score?

Posted by: user501251 | Mon 15th Apr 2013 13:06 | Last Reply

We are a society that has created our events and signed up all the golfers to each game. However, when we come to completing a score card under My Game > Add a Round, we don't get an option to choose the event we played in just which course we want to add a round to. This means the stats have to get added in again within the Groups section.

Is there a way we can add out scores in correctly?

re: Select competition when fililng in score?
user43166
Reply : Tue 16th Apr 2013 08:16

Giles. This option has always been rather hidden and does move around a bit. Currently, after clicking "add round" you need to click the link "Add rounds to past courses played". You should then get an option "Select competition to add round for" - if you have set up and event it should be in here.

I must admit this is using the "old system" of setting up events. I've not found a way of doing this with the new group events system yet.

Darren - any advice? And could you move the "Select competition to add round for" on the the screen presented immediately after "add round"?

user501251
Reply : Tue 16th Apr 2013 20:22

Thanks Paul but I can't see any competitions when I click on "Add rounds to past courses played", "Select competition to add round for" has nothing to choose from!

I had past events created to test with so expected to see options there!

[quote]Select competition to add round for [/quote] - Defo as it's confusing when you han't played the course before but to add a competition round you need to click on "Add rounds to past courses played".

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 16th Apr 2013 20:36

I'll look into this and advise back this week.

user501251
Reply : Mon 21st Oct 2013 20:46

No

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 21st Oct 2013 21:35

It will get updated and fixed over the coming months. I'm just reviewing the processes around the competition leaderboard positions and also any linked 'multi' game leaderboard.

The issue with the old system, which did work, was that the points didn't update until all rounds had been added which then left competitions incomplete and then in limbo.

The new system will allow for partial rounds to be added and then update points accordingly although at present the updating is manual. Once this is fixed to be automated then the drop down can be turned on for individual round adding.

For now a society/group organiser can still add rounds if they go through the full event system within the group.

Regards, Darren.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top