Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Looking for playing partner in Herts area

Posted by: user495437 | Sun 17th Feb 2013 22:22 | Last Reply

Hi, I'm 44 and just started playing this wonderful game last year. Had a few lessons to get me started, now need to find more people to play with on a regular basis, unfortunately my friends are not golfers! I don't have a handicap yet, but am keen to improve. Have played at Great Hadham, Barkway, Whitehills, Panshanger, Hobbs Cross and Hanbury Manor with the father-in-law. I'm just finding it hard to find people to play with, don't really want to join a club yet. Let me know if your interested or have any advice in finding new people to play with. Kind Regards John

re: Looking for playing partner in Herts area
user375014
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2013 22:57

hi John im Hertfordshire too, what sort of scores you making from only playing a year? I ask as most people will be put off playing with someone no disrespsect that is still learning from scratch. i do play though alot on my own and actually found that to help more in learning the game as you make your own mistakes and take as much time as you need etc.

user375014
Reply : Sun 10th Mar 2013 21:43

Hi John, im up for a round with you for sure, what days are you looking to play and have you a course in mind? Im in stotfold in herts/ beds border 10 mins from stevenage. Free to play most sats and some sunday midday ish

user128603
Reply : Wed 20th Mar 2013 13:03

12 months 7 Day membership for �48 per month for your 1st year.

Membership should save you money

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Jul 2013 21:32

Update on using the Golfshake search for finding playing partners, hopefully now better!

http://www.golfshake.com/forums/view/12389/Updates_Finding_Golfers_Playing_Partners_etc.html

user281861
Reply : Tue 30th Jul 2013 22:21

john if it helps there a few of us all with high handicaps that play .

we are spread about and play a few different courses I am in Grays one lad Chelmsford one in Kent

one your neck of the wood the plays cruz hill

however its whos available at the time we just text each other early part of the week to see who is playing and meet at a mutual course sometimes a 2 ball sometimes 2 groups of 4 but your welcome

user553910
Reply : Sun 8th Sep 2013 20:44

John, I'm in the same position as you - I'm 42 and started playing recently. I go round in 100-110.

I live in Palmers Green N13 but would be very happy to meet somewhere between us for a round. Crews Hill maybe? I prefer weekday afternoons but can make weekends too.

user551357
Reply : Mon 21st Oct 2013 22:47

Hi John,

I'm looking for a playing partner. I live in St Albans and play Mill Green at the moment. I've started playing this year, currently having lessons and score between 100 > 115 a round. I can play Saturday or Sunday most weeks.

user375014
Reply : Mon 28th Oct 2013 18:32

John youve enough people to have a round with now. Fill your boots

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top