Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Closing the wrists/ hands( when to do it ?? )

Posted by: user455045 | Tue 18th Sep 2012 19:04 | Last Reply

Hi all. I am having difficulty in closing my wrist prior to the impact of the ball. I often send the ball out to the right. My Golf coach has asked me to practice closing the wrists..............I either do it too late ( Most times )............ or to over compensate I do it early and end up hooking the ball. HELP............Tips advice required

In my mind I dont know when to start off the process of opening my wrists so the club head hits the ball straight at 90*

28 handicap

re: Closing the wrists/ hands( when to do it ?? )
user77012
Reply : Tue 18th Sep 2012 19:13

Swing your club around your body straight out in front of you at chest height. You will see your wrisst roll naturally on the back swinging and on your follow through.Keep swing whilst slowly lowering to the ground. Good luck.

Last edit : Tue 18th Sep 2012 19:34
user455045
Reply : Tue 18th Sep 2012 19:22

Hi Dave Just given it a go with a ruler(club) thats lying on my desk............sneaky. I shall give that a go. Presumably the aim will be to go from horizontal to a normal swing. Cheers

anyone else????????????

user455045
Reply : Tue 18th Sep 2012 19:27

Hi Dave Just given it a go with a ruler(club) thats lying on my desk............sneaky. I shall give that a go. Presumably the aim will be to go from horizontal to a normal swing. Cheers

anyone else????????????

user455045
Reply : Wed 19th Sep 2012 21:20

Had a bucket of ball late afternoon and tried to apply the suggestion of swinging the club horizontally,left to right. This certainly ephasised the wrist turn. Still working on it. I wonder if good golfers " think about the wrists" or is it a " FEEL " thing that comes with practice?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top