Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How Rude!

Posted by: user259253 | Sun 22nd Jul 2012 13:22 | Last Reply

I know Tiger's fall from grace has made him even more surly and if possible, smile less...but to arrive at the Open and just walk across the flower beds to the practice greens (with entourage in tow)...just shows a general disrespect for the hard working ground staff.

re: How Rude!
user390191
Reply : Mon 23rd Jul 2012 12:57

the way he did not sign the lads book was also not nice others did but you could say its the security around him that are as bad

user451055
Reply : Mon 23rd Jul 2012 14:29

100% agree. Glad it wasn't just us that were incensed by that. when it happened my husband and I just looked at each other in disbelief. Not that we have never taken a short cut but his whole 'I can do what I like' attitude is awful.

And - 1) Don't shout 'just 1 yard' when you hit it 30 yards into the crap. It wasn't just 1 yard out - it was a rubbish shot.

2) Don't say that you aren't hitting the driver because the galleries are in your flightpath with that club and it is dangerous. Utter rubbish - you aren't taking your driver because you are struggling with it.

3) Don't shout 'come on wind' and 'the wind changed' when you hit a bad shot. We can see that neither the flag on the green nor those on the grandstand are moving at all - it was just a bad shot (fair play with the lovely chip in from the bunker though)

4) Stop setting your security men onto people in the stands who sneak the odd photo - yes it does say no photos on championship day but no other players have their army of gorillas to enforce it for them. Security are supposed to be there to keep you safe, not your image.

5) Brilliant commentary from Andrew Cotter as Tiger arrived on Sunday at the club. He started humming the Death Star theme from Star Wars as Tiger leapt out of the car with 4 burly blokes in black (this was just before the flower bed incident) Andrew Cotter is fast becoming my favourite commentator.

Rant over!

user235379
Reply : Thu 26th Jul 2012 21:43

nice rant

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top