Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

IMPORTANT UPDATE: North vs South

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 5th Jul 2012 15:48 | Last Reply

Having assessed the current course condition and weather forecast with the golf course, hotel and ground staff the course is open today but whilst it's dry in Redditch today should the forecast rain continue over the next few days the course will remain unpredictable in condition and pretty much unplayable.

The likelihood is there is only a 50/50 chance on whether the course will be playable or even open this coming weekend and given buggies are currently banned it is also likely that if the course was open it would be carry only.

Therefore it's with regret that I've made the difficult decision with the resort and course staff that it is in all our interests that we postpone this weekend's Golfshake North vs South on both the Sunday and Monday. Rest assured this was a tough decision but completely taken out of my hands given the current unseasonal weather and effect on the course and courses in the area.

Going forward the plan is to postpone the event and reschedule for Sun/Mon the 23rd/24th September 2012.

re: IMPORTANT UPDATE: North vs South
user14009
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 16:43

Sod it!!! Needed the weekend away!!!

user21179
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 16:48

i cant believe it, we had more luck when it was in April !!!!

user356537
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 17:04

Darren, I know this must have been a difficult decision and not one which you would take likely but I am sure that it is the most sensible course of action. I know that tomorrow's forecast for the West Midlands is for an inch of rain to fall with more to follow over the weekend.

Let's hope that September brings better weather even if the chosen date clashes with the Kenilworth Men's Open!

Richard

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 18:29

Gutted. Was looking forward to this, as always, but much better to delay than to try and play on a lottery of a course due to the conditions. Only problem for me is that I may not be able to make the new date due to work commitments

user11501
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 18:34

dave ley must of bribed the higher power in order to avoid getting his ass kicked !!! all this since the draw for sunday was announced. i hope the draw stays as it is. gives me something to look forward to

user24437
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 18:49

Feel for you guys, a real disappointment for everyone. The good news is that I can make the new date....

user11501
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 19:08

wouldn't of been the same without you mate

user689
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 21:04

yes gutted too. but i can and will be at the new date, surely this weather has to change soon. You know its bad when you start plugging balls in summer on a links course !!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 21:06

I've just seen today's forecast and looks like relentless rain tomorrow, optimistic chance of sun on Saturday but worse than previously forecast for Sunday with continually rain.

Obviously we are all gutted but looks like the right tough decision was made today giving everyone plenty of notice.

user21179
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 22:27

I think everyone is gutted but deep down knows it's for the best Darren. I know how much thought you put into the decision you made. Thank you for all your work in the last couple of days and hopefully the weather is kinder in sept. maybe we can take this opportunity to change the format with 10 weeks for people to make arrangements. I vote for 4 ball better ball on Sunday and singles on Monday. I will start a post to gauge opinion.

Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 22:42

4BBB on Monday is the traditional format for the comp Tim. Don't mess with that on the Monday

user21179
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 22:56

I do appreciate that Chris, i only say that because I have seen how hard it is to balance numbers for singles if everyone is not playing both days. If singles was on the second day those problems would not occur and also neither team could be too far ahead going into the second day. I am more than happy to keep things as they were meant to be; which I'd after all is an advancement on previous years, but I think we have a chance to improve the event even further.

user52922
Reply : Fri 6th Jul 2012 13:09

Tim, the event will never advance as long as the mickey mouse format of 4BBB is played. Follow the County line and play foursomes and singles. There is a reason for it.

Finding a venue that does not suffer with the weather is a top priority.

user473042
Reply : Fri 6th Jul 2012 14:54

I would love to play for the north. So if a place comes up, on the next arranged date. If i,am available that is drop me a message please

user77012
Reply : Sat 7th Jul 2012 11:11

Big fella,Big talk,Big fall , I used the high powers and bribery to get you! wanted a bit of a challenge. I didn't want a walk over with one of those other munters Perry ,Bomber or Floodster to name a few.Now looking forward to September. Such a shame everyone ,but the right decision. I hope everyone who was in this week end can make the new date and maybe drag a few more out.

user14009
Reply : Sat 7th Jul 2012 15:44

Settled in at the Abbey. Here for the weekend for some much needed R & R. Bliss. Shame no golf and no golf shake mates here tho :D

Reply : Sat 7th Jul 2012 17:04

What's the weather and the state of the course like Lorna. I'm expecting the answer to be along the lines of "not good"

user14009
Reply : Sat 7th Jul 2012 18:27

Ducks on fairway lol bunkers are not bunkers any more. Very soggy and wet. Raining at the mo chris

user14009
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 10:26

Abbey course lush and green. No ducks on fairways, blue sky, sun shining at times. Perfect weather for golf - oh well! Breakfast was bloody good tho :D

user14009
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 12:41

Hi all. Sat on the balcony in the sun in Twanys Bar. Don't think course will be open til next Friday and they're rescuing carp off the 7th fairway after the lake flooded. Nice cold beer in hand - bliss x p.s. Would rather be playing golf lol

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 8th Jul 2012 14:53

Cannot believe it!!!!

I could not make this event and then to see it might be moved to September, I thought great I can make that.

Then I see the dates only to realise that I fly to Florida on the 22nd!!!

It was just meant to be that I would not make it this year.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top