Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

North vs South - status update

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 4th Jul 2012 10:58 | Last Reply

I'm not taking any responsibility for this one having had the wettest April and June months on record.

Currently the Abbey is closed to protect the course due to continual rain since Monday evening. The outlook is for a dry day tomorrow which will hopefully help the course dry out.

At present it's pretty much 99% that buggies will be banned from the course on Sunday and Monday and trollies will be 50/50 once the course re-opens.

I'll keep everyone informed on a regular basis over the next few days.

Regards, Darren.

re: North vs South - status update
user356537
Reply : Wed 4th Jul 2012 19:41

I live about 20 miles from the course - it's been a pretty miserable day where I am so I hope those 20 miles have made a difference!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 4th Jul 2012 21:04

Here is the most optimistic forecast I can find, looking good! fingers crossed

http://glfs.hk/PePpyB

user127343
Reply : Wed 4th Jul 2012 21:05

If trolleys are permitted please find out and let us know if that includes battery trolleys with standard wheels attached. Also when will a definate decision be taken regarding Mondays play. As many are going on Sunday these people should be given 2 days advance notice.I can see this turning out to be a nightmare for us habitual trolley users as our bags are not designed to be carried. We may have to take a second carry or pencil bag (borrowed or whatever) in case they decide at short notice to ban trolleys, Its important to keep us informed as you have said, regards, Michael.

Last edit : Wed 4th Jul 2012 21:06
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 4th Jul 2012 21:09

Will do Michael, it's not really what you accept in July!

I'll post an update again tomorrow mid afternoon and get some further info on trollies etc ie use of hedgehogs

Regards, Darren.

user127343
Reply : Wed 4th Jul 2012 21:23

Thats great Darren, Of course we can always ring them before we set off too. I was thinking they are obviously getting a good dollop of money off us for this and I was wondering if this could give us a bit of leverage to sway their decision or just make an exception for us. Darren, I cant find where you gave the account No for bacs payment of the balance (doh), could you please put a link to it or put the info here again. Sorry to be a pain, regards, Michael.

user26342
Reply : Wed 4th Jul 2012 22:01

If any northeners need to borrow a carry bag let me know as I've got a spare.

user356537
Reply : Wed 4th Jul 2012 22:14

I'm hoping to play for the Southern team on Sunday. I've got three carry bags I can also lend to the Northern team. I got them off one of our former juniors who now plays on the European tour!!!

Richard

Last edit : Wed 4th Jul 2012 22:14
user16163
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 11:27

http://www.golfweather.com/74217/worcestershire/abbeyhotelgolfandcountryclub

Not looking too bad, let's just hope this forecast is right

user441440
Reply : Thu 5th Jul 2012 14:41

I have got a spare carry bag I can bring along as well. I'll grab it out of the loft tonight just in case.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top