Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Westwood Moving to the US Tour

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 20th Jun 2012 01:03 | Last Reply

Read that Lee Westwood is considering moving to the United States and play on the PGA Tour.

He has said that the weather in this country doesn't help with his practice sessions.

I do think that moving to the US will help his game, and maybe get him that major win.

What do you think?

Russ

re: Westwood Moving to the US Tour
user16106
Reply : Wed 20th Jun 2012 19:07

If he wants to move to tuvalu and he thinks it will be benificial to his prospects of that first Major then thats fine by me. It will certainly enhance the pga events but a big loss for the European tour. Although I still think he will play a handfull of events. Good luck to him. He has certainly been knocking on the Major door so that small step up may be the answer. If you compare Sir Nick and Monty. Nick went over the pond and won 6 Majors. Colin didn,t and eeerm Didn't. But at their prime I don't think there was a lot to choose between them. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user26342
Reply : Thu 21st Jun 2012 14:32

Lee Poulter & Luke Donald play on the PGA but neither of them have won a major yet & not even got a sniff of one. I think if Lee goes it will have a detriment affect on his game as all the PGA courses seem to be the same & don't require much shot making. But if he's going for the weather then who can blame him!

Didn't he play on the PGA tour some years back & come back?

Last edit : Thu 21st Jun 2012 14:33
user321680
Reply : Thu 21st Jun 2012 17:19

the european tour seems to be losing a lot of appeal for players recently. I'm sure audience figures are down too which normally means sponsors will start pulling out. they better be careful.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top