Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Favourite Holes

Posted by: user417527 | Tue 5th Jun 2012 10:04 | Last Reply

After playing the 3rd at Alton yesterday (a very pretty par 3 across a valley) it got me wondering about what holes other people especially look forward to on their regularily played courses. Just off the top of my head I can think of the following, although I am sure that I will think of more after I hit 'submit':

Par 5 18th at Seaford Head - No matter how well or badly you've played the other 17 holes, you stand at the top of the cliffs with Seaford and Newhaven in the distance, and if you hit a good drive here then you'll probably go home happy.

Par 4 2nd at Pine Ridge - Tree lined, a stream crossing the fairway, a lake, and a green that's just far enough away to make sure that only two great shots will be good enough (for me anyway). Just a really lovely looking hole.

re: Favourite Holes
user16106
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 15:22

Neville I will agree with you on the 18th at seaford head. Cracking hole with fantastic views. The 2nd at pine ridge however leaves a bad taste in my mouth as ive played it once and blobbed it. My favorite hole that comes to mind is the 16th at chartham park, downhill lay up/ drive then an iron over water. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user123290
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 19:15

There are 2 holes that I love playing. Both are at the Ashbury golf hotel on the Kigbeare course. The 3rd is a lovely par 3. Plays about 200 yards and drops about 60ft tee to green. The hole is surrounded on all 3 sides by large trees. Tricky but great fun. The 16th on the same course is a brilliant par 5. Tee off over a large pond to an uphill fairway where you're met by a large tree in the centre of the fairway. After that it's a 150ft drop over the next 180 yards. Again great fun.

user80078
Reply : Tue 5th Jun 2012 20:56

Have thought about staying at the Ashbury Hotel for a break and playing some courses, but thought they might be a bit basic. Clearly not from what you say Ben. I'll have to take another look.

user123290
Reply : Wed 6th Jun 2012 20:25

Michael I can't recommend it enough. We're going back next month for the 5th straight year. The value for money is superb. The courses are anything but basic. Some real amazing holes set in lovely scenery.

user16106
Reply : Thu 7th Jun 2012 21:53

What does that mean ?

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user356537
Reply : Thu 7th Jun 2012 23:40

Doctors notes???????

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top