Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Score Card Help Please

Posted by: user459944 | Sat 21st Apr 2012 00:54 | Last Reply

can anyone advise me on how i work out my score card if i am playing on my own or with friends etc, let me explain further....

i had a round of golf today and rather than look a pratt after asking once or twice already, i didnt bother to ask again how my score is calculated on my round, from the way i understood it, (which is probably very wrong as i have to admit i wasnt properly listening and just wanted to crack on off down the fairway !).

let me explain how i think i heard it and hopefully someone can tell me if i have got this all wrong or not, i am on a par 71 course, my unoffical handicap is 28, 28+71 = 99, if i hit the round in 99 i have broke even ???? please help, please keep it a simple as possible as i am still getting a hold of the game, love playing hate watching, thanks Tim

re: Score Card Help Please
user34817
Reply : Sat 21st Apr 2012 09:36

That is pretty much it Tim.  Just add your handicap to the par for the course and that is it.  Just a note though that handicaps are calculated on the SSS for the course and not the par so sometimes you may be expecting a handicap cut but if the SSS is lower than the par then you might not get the cut.

re: Score Card Help Please
user459944
Reply : Sat 21st Apr 2012 10:17

Rich, thanks for your help, makes life so much easier knowing cheers.

p.s up the blues, who exactly were Barcelona??!! roll on Wednesday

Last edit : Sat 21st Apr 2012 10:20

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top