Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Edinburgh Course, Wentworth

Posted by: user112727 | Tue 27th Mar 2012 18:30 | Last Reply

Has anyone played the above?  Would you pay £120 for 18 holes, breakfast and dinner?  Have an invite, want to know if it is worth it?

Rich

re: Edinburgh Course, Wentworth
user389585
Reply : Tue 27th Mar 2012 19:04

this is acomodation included??

user389585
Reply : Tue 27th Mar 2012 20:28

Well a i dont know this place but i would sugest find accommodation with diner, maybe east lothian,and buy golf pass i try find link.East lothian is perfect for golfing.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 27th Mar 2012 21:07

Richard, not played so can't really comment.  £120 is obviously a fair wack but it is Wentworth, a 5* venue and you are also getting breakfast and dinner which I would imagine is also 5* quality.

When I've been to the BMW PGA Championship the place and course is amazing and first class.

You also have to remember green fees on the West course are around £250 !

user16106
Reply : Tue 27th Mar 2012 21:20

Std price after April 1st is £125 a round so youve got your brekky and Dinner thrown in. West course at peak times is £360 a round. £20 a hole or £4.50 a shot. £13.50 for every 3 putt. Wheres me credit card?

Dave CAC handed Geordie

user338942
Reply : Wed 28th Mar 2012 18:15

£360 a round????  Wowser!!  I'm playing Slaley on Saturday for £19.  As good as Wentworth is, I dont think it would be 18 times better than Slaley!

(I'll try not to 5 putt the 11th this time Dave!!)

user52922
Reply : Wed 28th Mar 2012 19:48

Wentworth is what it is, a course in demand because it is seen worldwide on TV. Not even the best course in Surrey. I know a few which are much better within spitting distance.

All the while there are mugs willing to pay these exhorbitant prices it will carry on the same old way.

The Edinburgh is a relatively new addition but the East course is a much better test of accuracy than the West will ever be and should be cheaper.

user16106
Reply : Wed 28th Mar 2012 20:17

I think youre right john. I think sunningdale can be played for about a third the price of wentworth West. When Im a bit better I think I will treat myself.

Dave CAC handed Geordie

user52922
Reply : Wed 28th Mar 2012 23:03

Sunningdale is indeed a fine course, especially the Old. but there are many others better in my opinion. St. Georges Hill, Swinley Forest, Woking, Worplesdon, West Hill, Camberley Heath, The Berkshire. just to name a few.

user23669
Reply : Fri 6th Apr 2012 19:40

Having played West Hill, Worplesden & Woking I agree these are excellent courses at a 3rd of the price. I haven't played any of the Wentworth course & would struggle to explain to the other half.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top