Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

St Andrews Old Course

Posted by: user361751 | Fri 16th Mar 2012 14:58 | Last Reply

Please help !! 

My wife is looking to treat me to a St Andrews Golf package (to play both the Old & New Course) over 2 days.

I do not have an official club handicap as i only play Social & Corporate Golf.  All I have is one through Golfshake which is currently 16.6.

Do you know whether this will allow me to play the Old Course at St Andrews please ?

Many thanks

Greg

re: St Andrews Old Course
user127343
Reply : Fri 16th Mar 2012 18:51

I dont see why not it is a muni after all,

regards,

Michael

user356537
Reply : Fri 16th Mar 2012 21:16

Terms and conditions on the St Andews Links Trust website states:

"An official handicap card/certificate should be presented to the starter when playing the Old course. This should be no more than 24 for men and 36 for ladies."

Best check with them before she shells out all that cash!

Richard

Last edit : Fri 16th Mar 2012 21:16
user220043
Reply : Fri 16th Mar 2012 21:20

Hi Greg,

I have enquired about this before as I also dont have a club membership / handicap.  They will accept Golfshake handicaps but it has to a premium / platinum membership.

Regards

Jamie

user21179
Reply : Sat 17th Mar 2012 00:31

Thats what Darren asked them to say anyway !!!

user80078
Reply : Sat 17th Mar 2012 15:53

I have played the Old Course and was not asked for my Handicap Cert. (however it was back in 1994). Make every effort to get there and play because it is still the highlight of my golfing life ( and that's with a club championship on my CV). Cheers!!

user361751
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 09:48

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated.  I've had official confirmation now from the R&A @ St Andrews that both the Premium & Platinum Memberships through Golfshake are now recognised to enable us to play the Old Course (great work Darren !!).

So here goes a 2 night stay in the Old Course Hotel, playing both the Old & the New.  Can't wait !!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top